domingo, 10 de septiembre de 2017

Workout failed

Today I wanted to do a 400m repeats workout in the morning, but I moved the run till the evening. Since the park is not measured I wanted to do a progression run  and in the last 1k or so get in some 1 min repeats. That was my plan for the evening run.

At 5:45 p.m. I headed out to the conservatory in 7:23, I wanted to do laps no more than 6 mins per lap, more towards the 5:40s range, I just got to the 10 min mark and I knew that it was not happening, and frustrated I aborted the workout and completed the 5 laps easy, I am an expert in jogging, but at faster paces I am in very bad shape.

The reason I aborted was huffing and puffing and the calves and quads burned out at that slow pace. My splits in the 5 laps were 6:34,6:41,6:37,6:32, 6:28 and back home in 7:16 to finish up the 7.5k in 48:06.

Although I did not accomplish the workout, I at least got my run in and could run 5 times this week, the goal was 6, but Irma the hurricane did not allow to run on Thursday evening, anyway, hope that I can feel better at faster paces in 3 weeks, if not I ll be in a bad position to perform well in the company. However, I am quiting tomorrow , and my last day in the comany is on October 3rd, at least thats the plan.

I am carrying some extra pounds, but I think that limiting my calories a bit, and running 6 times, I ll lose some fat.

Have a great end of the weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario