domingo, 5 de agosto de 2018

Catching up

On Friday  I was supposed to rest, but since We are staying at home most of the time, there is no real reason not to train, so I decided to get my run in at a recovery pace to recover from Thursday`s effort. I felt really sore, but was feeling good on the run until the last last lap of the big loop, The left calf started to bother me and I almost stop, it did not get any worse, so I decreased a bit the pace and could finish the run. 3 big loops (28:25) and 1 Little loop to finish in a time of  32:17 with a very easy effort. The total distance according to my brother`s watch is 5.18 kms or so.

After the run I felt the calf a bit sore (not yesterday`s tempo related), so I thought about resting on Saturday, but as We runners are stubborn, I decided to again get my run in, I mean, if you have free time why not take advntage of it and do productive things with it, of course, if the calf started to bother me I would stop inmediately, because the goal is to run 5 times per week, not 6, but it seems that in the last couple of weeks I have run 6 times per week.

Yesterday I kept the effort easy, my brother took off early since He was doing a tempo run (He averaged 4:59 per km), so He is in good shape. I kept the effort easy for the calf and because I am still recovering from my "tempo" that I did on Thursday. However, I ran faster than expected keeping the effort easy, 1st lap came in 9:16, second lap in 9:06 and the last big lap in 8:57 (27:19) and the Little lap in 3:29. I was kind of surprised with the time, final time was 30:58. The calf behaved well.

Both runs were around 7 p.m.with the sun shining hard and the heat strong plus humidity.

I am arriving to my runs feeling pretty good and not full. I am trying to eat healthy since I got off Guadalupe, I cook my own food and manipulate the ingredients that I put in, so that is a big part of losing weight.

I am eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, if I feel hungry before my run I would eat a toast with peanut butter, that would hold me till after the run. On lunch, I am eating rince, boneless porl ( 2 slices), an egg with a bit olive oil, a decent quantity, so after lunch I feel satisfied but not stuffed. For dinner, I eat 2 sandiwch, 1 of tuna and the other with turket and cheese, that leave me satisfied, but not stuffed. For breakfast I am eating a turkey and cheese sanwich of  with milk and chocolate powder, that holds till lunch. I ll have to improve my veggies and fruit intake, since I left Guadalupe I have not taken much of those. I ll vary lunch sometimes and I Will eat potatoes and chicken for example, I think the key is to have healthy sources of starchy carbs, good protein (eggs, meat, peanut butter) and healthy fats (olive oil, PB, nuts, avocado).

I ll keep posting how my diet goes, since that is the biggest factor for my weight loss goal, if I want to run faster I have to lose weight, no way around it.

Today I ll run in the evening as well, maybe I ll throw some strides if the calf permits.

See you later!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario