sábado, 11 de agosto de 2018

Yesterday`s Aerobic Threshold run

Yesterday evening, around 7:30 p.m. I went out running with my brother, I borrowed my watch because his was not charged. He was doing a workout: the whole run 5k+ 20 seconds on and 40 seconds off, so I ran watchless. We did our bread and butter route, which is 3 laps in a big in a 1.5k or so loop, and 1 lap in a Little one of 600m or so, totaling around 5.1-5.2k according to Dan`s GPS.

The plan for me was to run easy, but only the first lap and a half was easy, after that I sped up Little by Little, the last lap was strong, but never red lining. I could not check lap splits because I was not wearing a watch, but I felt really good and smooth, it seems that my new nutrition plan is paying off, besides the last couple of dinners where I have cheted a bit with Kebabs and hot dogs, but besides that I think is pretty healthy. Dont get my wrong in the residence I ate healthy, but the food had a lot of oil (fat) and the potatoes were basically fried everyday, and I tend to over eat there. I think I did pretty well there, given all the food that I ate and did not put on a lot of fat, I ran consistenly though when I was healthy (not injured nor sick).

I accelerated in the last lap to see if I could catch my brother but was unable to do so, He finished the route in 27:10, I finished in 29:03, and I was kind of surprised with my final time, I was running strong and confortable and I thought that I was running in the 30:30s. The weather was not that hot tan on previous days so that played a factor also.

All in all a good run and a good aerobic threshold run. After the run I did push ups, 2 sets of 15 repeats and 1 set of 6 repeats ( I was very tired). I dont remember the last time I did 2 sets of 15, so I might be getting stronger.

I ll run in the evening today, I want to run around 40 mins  or 6-7k, those 5k We have to leave it behind.

See you in a few hours!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario