miércoles, 1 de agosto de 2018

Valencia, Spain

I thought that I would have posted my runs till Sunday, but apparently I did not.

On Saturday I ran at 12:30 p.m. and did the route that I have been doing which is the shorter versión of my bread and butter route. I did it in 31:58.

In the evening of the Saturday, I wanted to do a doublé run, had years without doing that, but as soon as I went out for my second run at 6 something p.m., the calf started to bother me and I had to stop within 1 min. and did  the 20 mins that I do running, I did it walking and it took me 37 mins. I tried at least.

On Sunday I ran in the evening at 6:30 p.m. and did the same route as Saturday in 31:44, eventhough the halfway point of my usual bread and butter was 17:41 for both days, but I felt that I was running much faster tan that, even I thought that I was running 16:XX, I was more tired than I thought!  Also forgot to mention that I almost stop in the first 1 min, the calf was very tight, but then it improved and when I took the falt terrain it loosened up and I could finish my run.

Finished my week running 6 times for the week, always watching over the calf and listening to the body.

I rested on Monday because I moved to Valencia, so yeah, July 30 was my last day in the Guadalupe residence, I am greatful for the opportunity to be there and to finish my MBA, now I am in Valencia looking for a job, to see if I can stay here longer. I ll miss Madrid, the University, my mates, and my running route, but that is part is life. I got to Madrid knowing no body and feeling very lonely, but then I made some good Friends and it was hard to say good bye! I hope We meet soon again! The majority of them are in the Dominican Republic so they can meet there, but I ll have to wait a while to see them.

I ran on Tuesday and Today with my brother which I think is faster than me now eventhough I beated him on December.  We did a route that He normally does, that is 3 laps in a loop and 1 lap in another more Little loop, so the time yesterday was 32:15 for me and 32:30 for my brother, We ran at 6:45 p.m. so a lot of cars and the heat and humidity are high here.

Today We did the same route at 10:00 p.m., I waited that long because We ate lunch at 4 p.m. it was 6 fried chicken pieces with wedge potatoes, so that takes a time to digest. I did my run easy today, since I knew that my stomach would still be full by the time I am runing. Laps today were :10:01,9:40,9:17 (and almost 4 mins for the shorter loop) without increasing effort, but I apparently felt better and looser as the run went by, finished today in 32:41, but I ll take that given the chicken binge that I did today. I ll start eating healthier though, and I hope to lose fat in the next few months, because as I got out of Guadalupe. from now on I have to cook my own food like in the Dominican Republic and I ll get back to my staples which are: Tuna, Eggs, Rice, whole wheat bread, chicken, boneless pork for easy cooking, etc, the quantity Will be lower too, so that would help with losing weight.

Basically, I am starting a new life and a new nutrition lifestyle, since I am controlling the ingredients that I put into the foods! A lot of humidity here, I would say that its as hot as Santo Domingo here right now, in Madrid it was hot, but with very low humidity, you dont sweat as much as here!!

Enough of rambling! Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario