lunes, 13 de junio de 2016

Runner at heart!

Finally I am back to running, I had not run for the last 8 days, so yeah, after the race, work got in the way, and on past Wednesday I got the flu and I have learned that its not a good idea when you have the flu, its better that your body recovery from the illness and then you get back to running. Of course if its only congestion and you are fine in your body you could give it a try, but in my case almost always I get the flu with fevers, so I think I made the right decision!

Today I could escape early from work, not that early, but at 6:30 p.m. and I was out running at 7:30 p.m. , I went out to the conservatory and did 4 laps there and 90 secs to do what I think was 5.5k to get back to it. I felt somewhat tired but fresh in the legs, if you know what I mean.

Did not look at the watch during the run, but splits were 7:45 to get there, I got surprised when I saw it post run, then 4 laps in 6:25,6:22,6:21,6:15, then 90 secs to finish 5.5k in just under 35 mins. In fact I ran for 30 secs more, I was feeling good, but called it a day.

5.5k total to open a new week! I dont remember the last time I took 9 days of rest, but this time was necessary, I ll try to organize my runs and my week better since I dont want to lose much fitness, but the 5k race on July 2 is ruled out, I dont feel prepared for that because right after the last week`s race I wanted to start right away with workouts, but I lost 1.5 weeks and I ll have to spend the same amount to recover fitness, so I have decided to run another one, when I am really ready.

Happy to be back to the running scene, running feels great!! I suspect that I ll have to become a morning runner once again, because those marathon hours at home has not finished! if I do the run first thing in the morning, I really dont care if I go out late or not from work, but I d rather to go off early!


On another note, this is a photo of my father and I running the 5k race last Sunday, it was maybe with 2k to go, I felt good there as oppossed to my father who was looking for air, anyway, I am proud of him because at that age, He can run and and is healthy!! Salut!


Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario