jueves, 2 de junio de 2016

Running: the best anti stress; light fartlek

Could not run on Tuesday due to heavy rain byt the time I got home, but I really wanted to run, but better to skip an injury. Wednesday I left work at 8:00 p.m. and was very hungry, so DNR.

Today I was going to skip it to due to work commitmments, but I could escape at 6:30 p.m., got home at 7:10 p.m., got dressed and got out running. I was feeling pretty slugish and tired, plus a light headache before running, but I knew that when I came back from running I would feel great.

I headed out to do an easy run, but when I ran one lap easy I decided to do 1 lap at a good effort, 1 lap easy, then 1 lap at a good effort, and 1 lap easy, totalling 5 laps and back home for a total of 7.5k.

I was feeling very rested and fresh during the run, sometimes when you feel tired, when you run you feel great, but you can only experience that if you despite being lazy and tired and everything, you get tough and head out nonetheless.

Never looked at the watch during the run, so all laps, including the faster ones were by effort, splits were 8:07 to get to the conservatory, then 5 laps in 6:35,5:12,6:37,4:51,6:45, then back home in 6:53 speeding up at tempo effort for the last 500s to finish in 45:35.

Honestly I thought that the overall time was much faster, but when I was looking the couple of fast lap that I did in the conservatory I was pleased, because the pace on both was very managable, that 4:51 really surprised me, I could get a couple of more years, but I know the reason for that is that I was recovering for 2 days and my legs were very fresh, I love when my legs are like that, you virtually can run the pace you want and even when tired you feel confortable and undercontrol. As oppossed to other times, when you feel very heavy and generally tired for the whole repeat, even at slower times.

Very happy to have run today, I really needed this run and on runs like that, you realize how important is running for you, running is the best for stress relief.

I could have pushed a bit more during those repeats and/or do the workout longer, but I am racing on Sunday, I wont purely will race, I ll do a race with my father, of course that racing term will depend what pace He runs, my father`s pacing during races is crazy, so I must be prepared for a fast first km. The plan so far is to do the race with him, its a free entry in the mirador del este so why not?, I said that I was not going to race this year, but I ll do it with my father for fun.

Ha you never know what could happe when the adrenaline rush in, but logically thinking now I plan to do the race with the old guy.

The weather was very rainy today, very few people in the park which was a blessing today, I did not need to dodge people the path was all for me!ha!

Have a great Thursday!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario