domingo, 19 de noviembre de 2017

Capping the week

Yesterday I went to the gym to hit Triceps and Chest. I went at 4:00 p.m. but I did not do a good job in the main lifts.

Flat bench press: I did 6 sets of this, I supposed to do 3 sets of inclibe bench press, but I think its dangerous in this gym, because the face is too close from the bar and if you have an accident then it could be a disaster.

6 sets, 1st 3 sets managed 34 kgs and 6 repeats. Then in the next 2 sets I was tired and decreased the load and did 30 kgs x 6 repeats, in the last set worked my way up to 32 kgs. I dont know what happened, last week I could push 40 kgs, maybe the flu is affecting my strength or I dont know.

Dips: I finally I progressed on these and could do 2 full repeats, in fact, did  4 sets of 2 repeats, a lot of work to do, but I am progressing in this exercise, maybe I did not push myself a lot in the bench and had remaining strength for this exercise, who knows, but my arms were shaking in the bench.

Seated tríceps overhead press: 3 sets , 1st set did 8 repeats with 12 kgs, then did 2 more sets x 6 reps with 14 kgs, I was tired at the end, but I also improved in this exercise.

Triceps push down: In this one I was very tired and did not improve compared to last week, did 1 set with 15kgs x 8 reps, then did 10 reps with 15 kgs, then tried the 20 kgs and did 6 repeats. Its strange because starting this workout I could not do 1 repeat with 20kgs, my tríceps were just crushed.

When I finished my gym session I headed out to run, did 35 mins, the same old route, but when I had 21 mins, I decided to do 1 min repeats, wanted to do 5 repeats, when I finished the 3rd repeat got GI problems so I just finished the run easy. Got here in gudalupe in 32:56, then completed the 35 mins.

Felt really good, and the pace felt managable, I registered for  5k race next Sunday, I have not run a race since June 2016 and it was not all out, we will see where I am at. I have just been running, but not training properly.

Today I only ran and it was at 12:50 p.m. or so, did the same route, but this time did not carry a watch, just wanted to run easy and not race the watch and I know that route like the back of my hand right now, when I was 1k into the run, I realized that a race was just took place, I was angry because If I would have know I would have raced it, but next week will have to be, anyway, just kept the effort easy today and finished at the same effort. After I got to Guadalupe, I just ran around 300 more meters or so. So around 35 mins for the day without a watch.

I only did 2 gym sessions this week, skipped legs and shoulders, no biggies I hit other muscles which are the priorities, and I had 5 runs this week, thats what I want, if I get interested in races again, then I might start training more seriously.

Next will I ll probably will skip another day in the gym because the race is on Sunday and I dont want to be tired, but I also remember that last week when I did 29:57 for the route, I just have had a gym session just before.

Have a great week folks!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario