sábado, 25 de noviembre de 2017

Shaking out

I rested on Wednesday.

On Thursday I went to the gym to do my Triceps and chest sesión, and I really improve from last week.

Bench press: 3 sets,1st set was 6 reps with 36  kgs. Then I decided to increase weight in the following sets, 2nd set 6 reps with 40 kgs, then the last set 40 kgs with another 6 reps.

Incline bench press: In this one I had to decrease weight, 1st set 6 reps with 34 kgs, second set the same, in the last one had to decrease the weight to 32 kgs, I was very spent, 6 reps. I almost fail in the last one, not good when you dont have a spotter.

Dips: I did 4 sets of 2 reps. As I pushed that hard in the bench press, I thought that I would not be able to make it, but I could do it, I was very happy because of that.

Seated Overhead Tricep extension: 3 sets of 6 reps with 14 kgs, that was not an easy feat.

Triceps push down: I started in 20kgs from the get go, did 3 sets of 5 repeats with 20 kgs. My tríceps are getting stronger. I wish I could make that progress in pull ups.

I was very satisfied with this gym session.

After this session I got out to do my run at 11:00 a.m., I did the same route , but wanted to do 5 x 20 seconds in the flat terrain. I felt really good in the strides, the achilles tendón is bothering me when I start the run, but it dissapear as sooon as I warm up. I did 35:08 or so feeling pretty good.

Yesterday I went out to do my easy run at lunch, I had some clases to do, but I finished at 11:40 a.m. so I took advantage of the time and did my run. Did the same route, keeping the effort very easy to prepare for my 5k race tomorrow. Did 35:44 total time.

Today I rested from running, but went to get my bib walking and the building was about 2.5 miles from here, so I walked like 5 miles or so today, I just wanted to see if I could warm up to the race, I ll go running from here and will get there running and walking, around 2-3k warm up, then line up and race in Madrid. My first international race, all my races had been in the Dominican Republic, it will be fun.

Stay tuned!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario