jueves, 9 de noviembre de 2017

Progressive run with fast finish + weights

I did the weightlifting at 12:40 p.m. I did chest and bíceps today. The workout was as follow:

 Flat Bench Press: 3 sets of 4-6 repeats.

1st set was 6 repeats of 34 kgs.
2nd set was 4 repeats with 40kgs( Better than last week)
3rd set was 4 repeats with 40kgs

Incline bench press: 3 sets of 4-6 repeats:

I was tired from the first Benching , so I had to decrease weight, given that incline bench press is more difficult,

1st set was 6 repeats with 34 kgs
2nd set was 6 repeats with 34 kgs
3rd set had to take off 1 kg each side, so did 6 repeats with 32 kgs.

Dips:

I was supposed to do 3 sets of 4-6 repeats, but I am not there yet, so I did 1.5 repeat in the first set, then rest 3 mins, did 1 dip, rest 3 min, did 1 dip and in the 4th set that I tried I could not make it to 1 rep, so I have a lot of work to do in this exercise. I think I have improved a bit in this exercise, but nothing noticeable.

Seated tríceps overhead press:

Improved this exercise compared to last week:

I did 3 sets of 8 repeats,

1st set was 8 repeats with 10 kgs with good form
2nd set was 8 repeats with 12 kgs
3rd set was 8 repeats with 12 kgs , the last rep was a struggle but I made it


Triceps push down:

This is a machine workout, but I also increased my strength compared to last week:

1st set: 15 kgs x 6 repeats
2nd set: 20 kgs x 4 repeats
3rd set: 20 kgs x 4 repeats

Last week I could only work till 3 reps very forced, but today made it to 4 repeats with good form and in a couple of sets.

So I am definately getting stronger each week, but in the bodyweight exercises like pull ups and dips, I am not improving as much since I am not gaining repeats, but I feel that I am getting stronger .

 So lets get back to the running, I ran at 4:20 p.m. after I did the digestion from my food. I took my hat without gloves and again it worked well.  I got out at a good pace, and I wanted to close fast since the last week I pushed the last 8 mins to finish my route in 30:50, in the back of my mind today I wanted to beat that time, so I started to push the pace a bit early.

I was feeling confortable and I got to the point of where I returned last week in about 16:04 so I had almost a minute in the tank, but today I was not sure if I could close as fast as I closed last week since I really pushed the pace.

I checked the watch at various points and the splits suggested that I was a min ahead of last weeks time, so the battle became beating the 30 min barrier. When I checked the last Split that had 27:17 57 seconds faster than last week after the big uphill, I tried to push the pace, but that hill did not really left me anything, but I could recover a bit and speed up a bit more, closed out hard and finished the route in 29:57, so I accomplished the goal. The distance is known to this day, but I put a very good effort and I know that it was not an easy run, so that should give some good adaptations.  Ran some more to complete the 35 mins. I would estimate the distance was 6+k.

Again, I feel that running in this weather is cheating, since I can run at a strong pace without ever getting tired, of course given my fitness, I think that I am in good shape and the weightlifting is helping in some way. However, I am not used to train in flat terrain like these, that is not all that flat, but nothing compared to the conservatory where you have hills and turns in every lap.

Tomorrow I ll try to squeeze a run, but I am not sure, since I am traveling to Toledo, is a town here in Spain, dont know the time that I ll get here, but if I cant run, I ll run on the weekend, and I ll accomplish my goal of 5 runs.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario