martes, 21 de noviembre de 2017

Easy run + gym work

At 9:40 a.m. I started my gym session which would be Biceps and back.

Deadlift: 3 sets: 1st set was 4 repeats with 60 kgs, 2nd set 6 reps with 60 kgs, then the 3rd set I man up and added 1kg to each side, to do 5 repeats with 62kgs. So I can say that I improve in that live by 2 kgs, next time I will start with 62 kgs. My form in the deadlift has improved as well.

Barbell row: 3 sets with 44 kgs, All 3 sets were 5-6 reps. I will ramp up next week. At least I did not got worse.

Pull ups: In this exercise I seem not to make any progress, I just did 1 repeat and tried to hang on as long as I could, I dont know How it will improve on this exercise, and its one of the most important exercise for upper body strength. The thing is that I enter this exercise tired from the deadlift and barbell rows, maybe I should start the pull ups fresh? and do it another day?

EZ Barbell Curl: 3 sets with 10kgs, 1st set 4 rep, 2nd set 5 rep and last set 5 reps, I struggled on these. This is the first time that I do EZ curls.

Dumbell Alternate Curls: Did 3sets : 1st set with 10kgs did 4 reps with my right arm, but 3 with my left arm, could not make a 4th. 2nd set was 10kgs the same thing as the previous set,4 reps with right arm, 3 with left arm, last set I decreased the weight to 8kgs and could do 9 repeats almost not making it with my left arm in the last rep. I enter this exercised fried with the EZ curl before.

I am satisfied with my progress except for the pull ups, I seem not to make any progress.

I ran at 11:00 a.m., as soon as I went out I felt totally tight and tired, that gym session probably got something out of me, ha. I just ran easy  and when I got to the point where I normally turn around I had 17:27, so almost 30 seconds slower, yes, I was tired and tight!

As the run went on felt better and better, and I warmed up nicely in the last 10 mins of the run, once I got to Guadalupe I ran a couple of more mins to finish my run in 36 mins.

Tomorrow is going to be a rest day from running and lifting.

Have a great Tuesday!









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario