domingo, 16 de septiembre de 2018

Capping off the week

Yesterday I went out to the Turia park at 6 p.m., I ate a slide of whole wheat bread with peanut butter at 4:40 p.m. because I was hungry, I dont like to start my running starving. There in Santo Domingo I would eat at 1:30 p.m. and I would not eat something till after 8 p.m. after the run. That was a mistake, not that I suffered during the run, but I was very hungry prior.

Since it had been raining for much of the day, I decided to do what I would call the " Churchill route", I did that loop twice, the first lap came in 15:07, the second lap came in 30:09 (15:02), then ran more to complete the 35 mins. I kept the effort easy yesterday, and the calf was bothering me, especially walking, I could run well though.

Right now as I type this a couple of hours before today`s run, the calf is bothering me, but I ll try to run nonetheless. I felt good yesterday and kept the effort easy. It seems that Thursday workout did not take a lot out of me.

The only downside of the Churchill route, is that the terrain is very hard, I mean is like a sidewalk, and given my injury is not very convenient, but its very tempting because is a quiet route. The normal route that We take , the first mile or so, is full of bikes and people walking which makes me mad. Probably today, I Will do 3 laps to the Churchill route to total 45 mins give or take. Lets see how the calf behave though!!

See you in a few hours for my 6th run of the week!

Edit: Today I ran at 6:30 p.m. in the Turia Park and as I said, I did 3 laps in the Churchill loop to complete 45 mins, the exact time was 45:01 with splits of: 15:09,15:05,14:47. I felt confortable but at the 20 mins mark, I felt thirsty, but effortwise  and pace wise I felt really good. I even was surprised to see the 14:47, since I did not increase the pace at all, at least conciously.

I have to mention that I chose this route because yesterday not a lot of people were in that route, but today, to honest was no different to the other route that take you to the dirt running paths, where is good to run because only runners there and the terrain is pretty good, but the 1k that you have to run to get there is very unconfortable with the bikes and people walking.

However, you have to do what you have to do, and I guess that I ll miss those routes for variety and of course in the Churchill route nothing is measured, in the other route of the park in the running path you have everything measured every 100m.

All in all I felt good and happy to have run 45 mins feeling good. The calf was bothering me but I could run, now I touch it and it feels like if someone hit my calf.

6 runs this week, which is good, the goal is 5, but since I dont much to do here in the house, I would rather to run instead. Plus I want to get back to my previous shape of 20-21 mins 5k, someday I guess.

Have a great finish of the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario