jueves, 6 de septiembre de 2018

Getting better little by little

I ran on Sunday with my brother and a friend of his, Luis in the Turia park at around 6:55 p.m.. I was going to run 21 mins like on Saturday. I started the run with the calf bothering me, but luckily as the run progressed that improve a bit, never stop bothering completely to be honest and with each step I am like accomodating the foot so that avoid total disconfort. I hope that that approach does not bring other  complications later. All in all I could finish 30 mins and I did a 3 seconds positive Split. I had around 3-4 weeks without running so long, so that is an improvement.

On Monday, I had to run alone because my brother starting leaving work at 6 p.m. and I am running at 6 something in the Turia Park, it was piuring some rain lighlly, but I did not care, I need my outdoor exercise. The goal was to run, no matter how long, I could say exactly how long since the calf only knows.

Luckily, I could muster a 30 min run. This time it was much faster than on Sunday and the calf bothered less. I did a 21 seconds negative Split, but I completed the 30 mins nonetheless.

I rested on Tuesday and that rest day really helped my calf.

Yesterday I went to the park again alone in the evening around 6:30 p.m. and the goal this time was to complete 30 mins, but in the end if the calf start bothering me badly I would stop right away. I completed 30 mins and did 41 seconds negative splits, so that basically means that in the second half I could run very smoothly because the calf was not bothering much, so I would take that as a push in the right direction.

The calf is getting better Little by Little, but I have to admit that when I am in the house after the run and the calf is cold, it bothers me even walking, so I have to be careful and listen to the body.

So 3 runs the past week, this week I got 2 so far.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario