domingo, 23 de septiembre de 2018

Friday`s Tempo run and Saturday Easy run

On Friday, I was planned to do a tempo run, again 5k at an effort that I thought that I could hold for 50 mins - 1 hour, which for me is difficult to measure, because I dont have too much endurance right now for longer runs, but in terms of times I wanted to do 26:30s or so, or the time pretty much I did on Monday.

I met with my brother at 6:50 p.m. in the Turia Park, but He was not doing a tempo, He was just running easy. I warmed up around 10-11 mins to the point where We start workouts. I started the first 100m in 30 secs, then I had to dial back a bit, till I find the right effort, 1st km passed in 5:10, but dial back a bit, second came in 5:16 (10:26), halfway in 13:02, 3k in 5:17 (15:43), then in the last mile is where I started to get tired, in the last km I was thirsty and a bit tired, not because of the pace, but because I was thirsty and felt tired overall , 4th came in 5:14 (20:57), final km came in 5:08 (26:05). So finished the tempo run in 26:05, 15 seconds faster than on Monday, but honestly felt more tired toward the end, my brother also told me that I was breathing hard when I got to the 5k, so maybe I cant hold that pace for 1 hour, but I think its because of lack of endurance, because that pace I can pretty much hold it no problem. After the 5k tempo, walked for a 1-2 mins, then started the cool down, 11 more mins at an easy pace. Total time was around 48-49 mins.

Yesterday (Saturday) in the morning my brother and I assist to a conference with a running club here in Valencia , they brought the best athletes in Spain, such as Javier Guerra, Jesus España, Alessandra Aguilar, Marc Roig ( the physiotherapist of Eliud Kipchoge), The conference was a blast and its the best conference that I have attend it, I did not even blink, fairly interesting and I met the coach of the club, José Garay, I have watch a lot of videos of him on YouTube and He knows a lot about running, it was a pleasure to meet him.

Here are some photos from the event:
                                                                     Photo of the group


My brother and me before the event start!

                                              Another angle of the post event group photo
          My brother and Chiki Perez ( a 13:28 5k runner)

     Javier Guerra (4rd in  2018 world european championships in the maratón, my    brother and Jesus España who is one of the best spanish runners, He was 6th in the 2018 European championships in the maratón)

Mark Roig and my brother, Roig is the Physiotherapist of Eliud Kipchoge and He is an accomplished runner Himself, He did 66 mins the half maratón that same morning in training, He also is the pace maker for the fastest women in the world, great conference by him.


That is the scenery before the conference start


My brother and I are not part of the group, but I asked Garay if We could attent the conference even We were not part of the group and He said yes, He is a great coach and even better person. However, if We want to continue to train with the group every Saturday I gotta be part of the club.

It was a great experience and the energy that was there it was difficult to replicate, or maybe its because I am so passionate about running that I find it great.

In the evening at 6:50 p.m. I met my brother in the Turia park and We did an easy run of 40 mins. I wanted to run as easy as posible to absorb the tempo workout, I did 20:03 out  and got back in 39:08, I completed the 40 mins, though! I started very sluggish and measure a km after the mile in 6:27, so it was very easy, but on the way back as I was more warmed up, I measured another and came in 6:12, I built a gap on my brother early, becuase He was full and did not feel quite well. Weather was decent. Very good recovery run.

This evening I have planned to do 45 mins in the same route as yesterday, but 22.5 out and back, taking things very easy to keep the recovery going.

See you in a few hours!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario