martes, 18 de septiembre de 2018

Yesterday`s unplanned Tempo run

In the last several days I thought about slowing the pace for my tempos and doing it longer, but today I had planned just to do an easy run with my brother at 6:50 p.m. in the Turia park.

I felt pretty good from the last couple of days of running, when I met my brother there He said to me that He was doing a tempo run because He had a headache. I kept my plan to run easy, and when We started running that I had around 5 mins feeling pretty good, I ask to myself, Why you dont do your tempo today if you are feeling good and recovered, thats what I did, so I stopped a bit at the 11 min mark, that is the point where We start our tempo and my brother asked what happened? so I told him that I was going to do 26:59 for the 5k.

His plan was to run 25 mins low, but my plan was to run at least 26:59. The first 100m were in 30 secs, so I had to adjust my pace withing the first km, after that I just tried to keep the effort and pace even, but always evaluating how I feel, We have to keep in mind is that tempo is the pace that you can hold for 1 hour, so I kept an effort that I could hold for at least 10k, in the halfway point I felt pretty good and just kept the pace, I just could hammer in the last 2k and get sub 26 mins, but that is not the point of the workout, I just kept the pace and effort without sprinting at the end. I finished the 5k tempo in 26:20, my brother did 25:16.

My Splits per km were: 5:14,5:21 (10:35), 5:18 (half in 13:14 and 3k in 15:53),5:15 (21:08), 5:12 (26:20). I felt pretty good and on under control, the pace felt managable, if I could hold that for 10k -  1 hour, I doubt it, but not because of the speed, just because the lack of endurance. Pace wise felt pretty good and at times felt easy. However, as I said tempos are controlled efforts, not time trials to feed your dopamine, a mistake that maybe over trained us years ago.I would rather run 5k in 26 mins, than 2.5k at 5 mins per km. This is an endurance sport after all! Weather was good, around 25 Celsius.

After We finished the tempo, We cooled down for 11 more mins, so total time was around 48 mins. Its funny, how yesterday´s run felt much longer and it was 3 mins shorter. When you are focused in a tempo, kms just go by.

Calf behaved well and I felt pretty good!

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario