lunes, 10 de septiembre de 2018

Light at the end of the tunnel

Yesterday I ran with my brother at 6:50 p.m. in the Turia park, but this time around after the mile mark or so, my brother took off and He finished the run several minutes ahead of me, but as I said in the previous post since I had been pushing the pace a bit in the last couple of days, I decided to just run easy and never push the pace (at least consciously).

The leg did not bother me at the beginning, since I started limping last week, but this week I am just running just fine, today was not exception. I felt good the whole run, I crossed the first half in 17:19, and I never pushed the pace and finished the route in 33:26, so the second half I did it in 16:07 and it felt the same effort as the first half. I ll take that though, The weather was in 25 Celsius, but the humidity is still high, because I am sweating a lot.

After the 33:26, I just kept running to complete the 35 mins. Feel happy and very optimistic about my calf, I hope that it continues behaving like that.

In the last couple of months I have been doing push ups and on Saturday I could do 4 sets of 15 repeats, and the last time that I could muster that was 10+ years ago, when I weighed just 140 pounds. I just need to increase the frecuency because I have been doing those every 4-5 days, so when I am totally recovered. I need to start doing those 3 times per week. I do think that it has helped my running because, on my easy runs the brething is very controlled and even when I pushed the pace in the last couple of days it did not feel hard nor my breathing feel too labored. That has been my experience with strength training in the past, everytime that I am doing strength training (weights, or bodyweight), it seems to helpt my running.

Today if the rain permits I ll run again and I ll rest tomorrow.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario