sábado, 2 de mayo de 2020

Back to the running :)

Today  woke up at 7:00 a.m., after going to bed at 1:30 a.m., yes this luck down really messed with my sleeping Schedule.  I hope that going back to the running really fix my sleeping patterns.

:Anyway, I went to the Blaco park at 7: 30 a.m. (5.4k) at an easy pace and to test my effort to see if I have lost a lot of fitness. I certainly have lost fitness, but not as much as I thought. In fact I felt Good, not great, but not bad either. As son as I started running, my groin was sore, but after a couple of mins, I felt "normal " again. I did 6 laps in 5:25,5:22,5:22,5:18,5:22,5:18. My easy pace today was faster tan my normal easy pace in the park. I was fresh, and did not have the 5:50s that I normally do in my legs. Anyway, easy runs does not translate to fitness. I have certainly lost fitness, and it Will take several months to be back to where I was. The process wont be as painfully as I thought, in fact I feel is going to be pretty fun. I felt so happy to be back at the running! A lot of runners and walkers in the park, I have never seen so many people running at that time in the morning, spanish runners are not that early birds, but given that the government instructed specific hours to exercise, so no option. It was Good to see people exercising, everyone was respecting the distance and the space of the other person, so that is a Good sign. The weather was Good, these days are pretty hot, but at that time the temps were Good. Did 6 laps in 32:10.

I Will do the same distance probably slower for the next week, next probably Will ramp up to my normal 7.2k (8 laps ) routine. The general advice is to run every other day now to get back into things, but I Will desobey, I Will run everyday probably. I have  been running a lot of years running and have a lot of experience eventhough I am not fast. I have rested a lot (6 weeks) to only run every other day, plus I am used to running 5-6 times per week, and given today`s feelings I am not that bad. As I said yesterday I have been eating healthy these days because all the junk food stores are closed.

Another reason to run everyday for next week is that you dont if they are going to luck us down again so taking advantage of every run while we can.

Looking forwards to tomorrow`s run!

Have a great day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario