lunes, 23 de enero de 2017

Finishing the week easy and starting the week hard

Yesterday I ran in the evening at 6:00 p.m., because I went to bed really late last night and when I woke up the sun was in full force, so I let the run till the afternoon. I just ran easy to the conservatory watchless, and did 5 laps there and back home at a relaxed pace. At first I felt tired, thanks goodness I left the watch and home and posponed the workout for today. I really drank more than I should On Saturday, no hangover though, I just felt heavy in the first half of the run. Finished the run feeling pretty good, though.

4 runs for the week, not what I was hoping for, but I saved a week that could have turned into a disaster.

Today I wore my watch because I wanted to do something fast, as I was coming walking from work I decided to do sub 40 mins for 7.5k or 5:20 pace per km or faster, I even did the math in my head on my way to home, I was determined to run at that pace.

I think I am good at judging pace, because I finished the 7.5k in 39:50, so pretty close to what I was hoping for.

I set out at a good pace from the get go, wanted the pace to be as even as possible, and not that I have to do run too fast in the second half to make up the time. Had trouble on my way to the park, too many cars in the UTESA college, and I have to dodge cars and switch directions there, basically the first 500-600s opf the run were a mess, but I did not let that to stop my plans.

I got to the conservatory in 6:57, around 10-15 seconds slower than I hoped, but Iost a lot of time, then tried to relax and run 5:20 for the upcoming 5 laps, splits were 5:19,5:11,5:12,5:14,5:13, and from the conservatory to home did 6:11 to finish in 39:50. Best time in 7.5k in the last few years,

In the second lap when I saw that 5:11, I tried to easy up a bit, because I had a lot of running left, I basically did not slow down, I had no problems maitaining the pace, the problem was that with each passing lap the fuel was consuming, and I felt the last lap in the park in slow motion, was surprised when I saw that split, I tried to relax on my way home, because it was all downhill, the uphills in the park were eating me with each passing lap.

I was hurting a lot, but the pace was not difficult to maintain, but to sustain that effort level was hard. I finished very tired, but strong at the same if you know what I mean! walked for a bit and celebrated, because I accomplished my goal for the workout.

A lot of work to do though! next few days are going to be easy watchless, and then will run a  faster workout Thursday or Friday, probably with Adelino.

I have decided to do my easy runs watchless and only wear a watch for hard workouts, such as today. I think that will prevent to obsess about time on easy runs, and to run  them real easy to recover.

Have a great Monday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario