lunes, 9 de enero de 2017

Steady state morning run

As I said yesterday today it is a public holiday so no work. My father and I headed out to the conservatory at 7:30 a.m. or so to the conservatory, I downed some beers yesterday, but was doing just fine, and before the run I wanted to do not a very taxing workout, but not an easy run either. The workout was to do 7.5k at 5:20 per km pace, the result was that I only did 6.3k, not because I could not do the whole distance, but it was because I lapped my father and I like to get home with my father due to the robbers in motos that you encounter these kind of days.

I dropped my father early in the run because I wanted to to get the pace early on, as opposed to do a progression run. I got to the conservatory in 6:45, dont remember the last time I entered the conservatory that fast, maybe around 4-5 years ago. I was not feeling very easy, because I felt tight int he lower legs, especially the calves. Then I did 5 laps and as I said I wanted those to be as close to 5:20 per lap as possible, I handled that part. 5 laps were in 5:28,5:16,5:20,5:17,5:15, then I jogged around because my father had one lap remaining, then We got off the conservatory together and I got home in 40:56 for 7.5k total. If I had completed the distance I would have run 39:30-39:40s, which would be my faster 7.5k in years. Anyway, the most important thing was the core of the workout that was till the 6.3k mark that I held the effort and pace.

To be honest I could sustain the pace, but the breathing for that kind of effort was too high, the pace did not feel that demanding. A lot of work to do, because I want to run much faster at that same effort.

Next several days will be easy till I can push again.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario