domingo, 15 de enero de 2017

"Long Run"

Today as I said I did 10k to the mirador with my father. I downed 2 beers yesterday and wen tto bed at 1:00 a.m., the beers did not affect, but the late bedtime caused to get the run in later. W headed out to the mirador at 8:20 a.m., We started out at an easy pace, but after getting to the mirador (2k), I had built a medium gap and tried to encouraged him, but I had to keep on on my own, He just drank too much yesterday.

I got to the mirador 0k  in 18:16, I have 3k there, and it was a couple of seconds slower than yesterday, but feeling better, then tracked the next 2k in 11:30 (5:45 per km), 5k (halfway) split was 29:47, then tracked 2 more kms in 11:26, so 7k in 41:13.

Then caught my father before 8k ( He had done the turn around at 4.5k, instead of 5k as myself), again encouraged him to to keep goign with me, again, He fell back, continued without pushing the pace, and finished the 10k in 57:23. Second lap was 27:34 or so, and last 3k wree 16:10 without forcing the issue.

Its amazing how easy the mirador is, when you are used to hills and turns in the conservatory park. The mirador is good terrain to mix things, but the conservatory get you the most bang for your buck instead of hill runs. Sometimes its good to take a break from hills, though.

I am happy with the way I felt today, felt easy and did a huge negative split. My father ran 9k in 60:15 or so. much slower than yesterday.

I might increase my 7.5k runs some days, becasue I want to do the 7k trail race on February 12th, to try something different. There is a 17k and a 7k race, but those17k equals 25k, according to people, I have never been there, but I want to try something different.

5 runs this week!

Have a great Sunday!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario