domingo, 1 de enero de 2017

First run of the year

Yesterday I went to sleep at 10:20 p.m., that is the first time that I do something similar  on a December 31st, but I had been drinking beer in the evening and got very sleepy so I went to sleep, and I woke up at 8:45 a.m. today so I slept like a champion. shortly after I was out to get my run in. The sun was out in full force, but I headed out anyway because I did not want to miss my run like past Sunday, that due to my procrastination I missed the run.

I went out easy to the park and I felt flat once again, I got to the park in 7:39, then did the fist lap in 6:06, up until that point I was running head to head with my fhantom of myself yesterday, so I am pretty much controlling my easy pace to a T.  Anyway, I wanted to do all laps sub 6 mins before the run, but thought better of it and decided to run easy, because I want to do a quality workout tomorrow, and if I force a bit the pace , tomorrow wont be optimal, so decided to run easy, and after the second lap in 6:02 I decided to run by feel and easy, in the last lap did 5 strides becuase my legs were very tight,  felt better at the end, but too hot and not feeling great. All in all did 44:51 for 7.5k, so accomplished the goal of sub 6 mins per km pace.

Splits per lap were 6:06,6:02,6:04,6:05,5:29 (4 x 100m strides in the last lap). Anyway was glad to get my run in and back to 5 times per week of running, so I hope to keep it like this becasue I want to race and improve performance this year.

Have a great start to the year! and see you on the roads!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario