lunes, 8 de julio de 2019

Catching up : Tempo 6k (Satuday) + 10k run (Sunday)

On Friday as I said I had to rest because left work late, life happens and you can do nothing about it, and next week I suspect the running will have to take a back sit.

This morning I started running my warm up from home at 8:40 a.m. and did the 15 mins warming up to the Turia Park, warmed up 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides. The plan for today was to do a 6k tempo run, instead of the 5k that I had been doing previous weeks.

I thought that I was going to feel very rested and awesome, but it was quite the opposite, from the beginning I felt like I was working and did not feel very rested at all, when I saw the first km split in 4:52, I knew that it was not going to be a great day, I tried to make up some time in the 2nd km, but did not feel much better, crossed in 9:33 (4:41 for that km), in the 3rd one I tried to maintain the same effort and pace, crossed the 3 kms in 14:15 (4:42 for that km), then turned around and I was tired, the heat did not help either. 500m later, giving up in the 4th km crossed my mind, but when I crossed the 4 km in 18:59 (4th km in 4:44), I decided to just focus and to finish at whatever time I could muster today, next 400m were around 4:59/km pace, and then tried to increase again, 5 kms came in 23:52 (5th km in 4:54, very very sloww!! but I could not much about it), then tried to focus on the last one, good form, even pace, could "regroup" in the last one and did the last one in 4:45 to finish up the 6k in 28:37, so did a possitive split of 7 seconds. Honestly, I thought that I could run around 28:00-28:10 at a very controlled effort, but today it was not meant to be. I just felt flat from the beginning. Work was crazy the day before and the heat and humidity were very high (34 celsius and 57% humidity) this morning, I sweated a lot, who knows! maybe a bad day. Compared to last week`s tempo run and this week`s interval workout I consider this a failure. However, I battled through, and when the mind wanted to give up, I just stayed strong. My brother was in the finish "line" waiting, then I did 12 (1.7k or so) mins cool down and drank a lot of water in the fountain, the heat was really strong. Around 10.2k total for the day.

On Sunday I ran at 10:45 a.m. or so after I woke up. I went to bed pretty late yesterday, so I just ran after I woke up. The plan was to do our long run, but I did not feel like it, so I decided to do 8 laps, which is my normal run. However, when I was running I started feeling better and better, and after 8 laps I decided to do 1 hour, but then decided to complete 10k, which was 11 laps in the Blasco park and 100m extra meters. Then I felt bad, because I should hace completed my prescribed 80 mins.

First 4 laps were in , 23:30, did 8 laps in 46:28 or something like that, then started to run laps sub 5:40, more like 5:35, and feeling better and better, finished the 10k in about 63:50. The heat and humidity were high, around 35 celsius or higher and the humidity over 55%, but I felt pretty good and that did not affect me at all.

Felt pretty sore though from the tempo yesterday, dont know the exact reason, but it seems that I ran harder than my body should yesterday.
5 runs for the week, and around 45-46k, not bad, but not great, anyway, my running might take a back seat as I adapt to my job!


I set my alarm clock to run early this morning, but it was not the case. When the alarm went off, I felt sleepy and skip the run. At night, after work I went with my brother and stuffed my stomach with fried chicken. I do better dont follow that path, lol!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario