miércoles, 24 de julio de 2019

Kenyan fartlek workout: 12 x 1 mins fast and 1 min slow

Yesterday I rested because I left work late and was hungry and tired by the time I got home. Today I left work early at 6:15 p.m. or so, but was very lazy and hungry and was not motivated, but you have to do what you have to do and got out at 7:30 p.m or so to the Blasco park. I wore my workout shoes because I wanted to do a workout today, but the heat was very high and motivation was very low that I would decided after the first lap if I was going to do the workout, I ran the first lap very easy in 6:05 and decided to give it a go. After 2 laps in 11:41 including 4-5 x 50m strides to loosen up and running in place to run till 12 mins. I was ready to start my workout that the plan was 10 x 1 min fast and 1 mins slow, so around 4k worth of running including the recoveries. The effort was around 3k race pace and I felt pretty good, Increased effort after the 5th repeat and just before the 8th repeat decided to do 12 repeats instead of 10. So I did 12 mins worth of fast running . Including the recoveries did 23:00. Around 4.6k or so. For cool down I did 2 laps very easy in 6:02 and 5:33 or so, that 5:33 felt really easy, did a total of 46:36, dont know exactly how many laps, I was so focused on the workout and the watch that lost count of laps. Anyway, the laps within the workout were 4:17-4:28, so less than 5 mins per km pace including the recoveries. Not bad, given the lack of workouts lately and the high heat.

I felt strong despite the heat and could have kept going, but decided to not over do it and stopped after 12 repeats. Felt really good and strong, maybe I have not lost a lot of shape in these past 2-3 weeks of no intervals and low mileage. Doing what I can!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario