miércoles, 31 de julio de 2019

Why not? lap intervals (900m) in the Blasco park

Today I left work at almost 8 p.m., I had been thinking about doing a workout today, but since I left work so late I eliminated that possibility. I had zero motivation, but since I did not run yesterday, I forced myself to get out the door at 8:40 p.m. to at least run easy. However, when I ran 1 easy in the Blasco park in 6:02, I felt better and better, in the second lap I decided that I would try a workout, no need to run easy again. I incorporated 5 x 50m strides in the second lap and completed 14 mins of warm up, then stopped for a 1 min or so before starting my 4-5 x 1 lap in the Blasco park, around 900m. This was a good workout since I have done this workout every once in a while, so its easy to track improvement. So today I improved in all fronts, ran the repeats faster and ran a 5th repeat. In the previous 2 occassions that I have done this workout I did only 4 repeats.

I got out at a hard effort, but an effort I could sustain for 4-5 repeats. First repeat came in 3:48, not bad and I knew that as soon as I warm up, I would run faster and faster and fortunately, that was the case.

2nd repeat was 3:46, was feeling pretty good at that point, 3rd repeat came in 3:42. At that point I was surprised with the splits, because the effort was high, but very controllable. 4th repeat came in 3:
44, I eased up on this one so that I could run a 5th repeat faster than the rest. 5th repeat came in 3:30 after pushing, but without losing form. That was a 17 seconds PR for lap repeats in this park. Last time I did that workout, I was really pushing to run 3:47, but today I could run 17 seconds faster at the same effort, that is motivating and all of that after a full day of work.  Recovered between repeats 3:30 at an easy pace. After the 5 repeats, I did 2 laps for cool down and completed 14 mins. I did around 10.5k or so, so it was a long day at the office and it was not planned, since I had eliminated the possibility of running a workout today.

When you put your mind into something, you really can do it, and today I showed that even when you dont feel like it, you can run an excellent workout by just showing up and trying. Of course, if I would have started the workout and felt like crap in the first repeat I would have aborted the workout, but to be honest I felt awesome and fresh the whole workout, never felt heavy legs or lactic acid, so I am pretty satisfied. The weather at that time was cool, so the heat did not bother  me much.

Tomorrow Will be an easy run just to absorb today`s hard work.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario