jueves, 15 de agosto de 2019

Catching up

Sunday - On Sunday I ran with my brother at 6:30 p.m. in the Turia park, not much going on today, thats why We decided to do it in the evening. My brother would do 90 mins, but I was up to only do 80 mins. Good decision, since I was very tired from Saturday`s tempo and by the 3rd km I knew that it was going to be a long day. I endured though and could finish the 80 mins. Too hot and humid, but I made it till the end. After the halfway, my brother built a gap and that gap got bigger and bigger. Crossed the 12.1k in 75:30 or so, then completed the 80 mins, so around 12.7k total.


5 runs for the week. That is a frecuency that I am satisfied by now and it seems that is not affecting my training.


Monday - I ran after work at 8 p.m. or so, did 9 laps in the Blasco park, and as usual did strides from laps 6-8 and then 1 lap for "cool down". First lap was 5:50, halfway 23:00 something, crossed the 8 laps in 44:36 and completed the 9 laps (8.1k) in 50:08. I was a bit tired from the long run the day before. The heat was not that strong on Monday.

Tuesday - Planned rest day

Wednesday - Yesterday I did intervals. I warmed up from home till the Turia park and met my brother haflway into my warm up, since I cross his house during the warm up. Warmed up 15:40, including 5 x 50m strides as usual, during these strides I knew that it was going to be a good workout because I felt fresh during these strides. I was not sure about the workout that I was going to do, but I was sure that I was going to do 1600m for the first Interval, after that Interval I was not sure if I should do 800s or 1000s. However, I wanted to do at least 3 miles worth of fast running. I did 2 x 1600s with 800m recovery and 2 x 800s with 400m recovery. I felt good in this workout, after a long day at work and a hard week of work, so I am not complaining. Splits were 6:57,6:46,3:18,3:16. My brother was doing a shorter repeat workout, but I feel that I have the speed and these long workout are gonna move the needle more than shorter workouts. I felt real strong in these workout and was very happy with those 2 x 1 mile splits. That 6:46 is my fastest 1600m repeat in years and was faster than the 6:48, I did 6-7 weeks ago. I have not lost fitness even running 5 times per week instead of 6 times. After the repeats I cooled down for 12 mins, so around 1.7-1.8k. Total for the day was around 10.9k or so. It was hot, but not like Satuday or Sunday. Today We could run fast.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario