domingo, 18 de agosto de 2019

Saturday 5k tempo run @23:02 + 2 x 200m @41,43

On Friday I took the day off. I was very tired at work in the evening and even walking felt flat, but I was going to rest anyway, but that was not a Good sign for my Saturday`s tempo run.

On Saturday my brother and I did our workout in the evening, since in Friday night We went to the all you can eat Asian buffet and when I woke up still felt full. I was feeling Good energy wise though. After I ate lunch, I started to feel flat and tired, and when I started my warm up, I knew right there that it was going to be like last Saturday, hold on for dear life and do the best you can, so I pretty much rule sub 23 mins out of the picture. I prepared myself for 23:30 or something like that.

Did my 15 mins warm up to the Turia park including 5 x 50m strides, in the middle of my warm up met my brother because He lives on my way to the Turia park. In the warm up felt flat and in the strides I did not have it, but this time I was prepared mentally to run bad. The heat was not that high, but it was high. The plan was to run a 5k tempo and if I felt alright, I would include 2-3 x 200m.

15:40 for warm up, then the workout started, my brother was doing intervals, so He went out like a bat in the first repeat ( He did 3:47 in the first 1k repeat), I stayed back at my effort, I crossed the first km in 4:30 and did not feel that flat like last Saturday, so I tried to keep that pace and see if at a Good effort level I could run sub 23 mins, note that this is not a time trial, the goal here is to run at an effort that think you can sustain for 8-10k, so that is the main goal for me. 2nd km was 4:42 (9:12), right there I knew that it was not going to be that easy since effortwise the 2nd km felt as hard as the first one, then I tried to accelerate a bit, since in the turn around point you lose time, did not look the watch until the 3rd km, but pressed the Split button at halfway and it was 11:29, so I was right on pace right there, 3rd km came in 13:49 (4:37 for 3rd km), and that point I did not care too much about running sub 23 mins, I just wanted to stay at that same effort and finish feeling strong. 4th km came in 18:30 (4:41 for 4th and triying to keep pace), I knew at that point that to run sub 23 mins I would have to make it a race and that was not going to happen, I just maintain the same effort and tried to lose the least time posible, tried to stay relaxed and and fast strides, finished the 5k in 23:02 , the last km was in 4:32, but finished pretty tired, I would prefered to finish way stronger and I dont understand how I could sustain that pace two times in a row to run 46:30s in the 10k in May, and feeling very fresh. After the 5k, I jogged 400m, but I was huffing and puffing, so I did not start the 200s very recovered, then did 2 x 200s in 41 and 43 seconds. The second repeat was in a strong headwind so I would take it. Anyway, the meat of this workout is the tempo and I think I did Good despite not feeling well in the warm up. Its time to build up to 6k tempo again and remain there for a while. Then did 12 mins for cool down.

I did around 10-10.1k total. Feeling Good today (Sunday) as I type this, no soreness at all, and in the evening I Will run my "long" run.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario