domingo, 18 de agosto de 2019

Evening humid 80 mins"Long" run

Today I ran in the evening at 6:30 p.m. with the sun shining hard. As I was running alone today, since my brother was in a tour, I decided to run in the Blasco park close to my home. 80 mins would take me more tan 14 laps in the Blasco park, but that was more attractive than to walk 20 mins to the Turia park and 20 mins back after my long run, so I opted to run close to home.

I wore confortable clothes because I knew that it was going to be hot. wore my hill runner singlet, which is very confortable. I felt flat in the first 2-3 laps but the pace was pretty Good, faster than it felt. First lap was 5:48, then worked my way down to 5:39, in the second lap, so I knew that it was going be a Good day and eventually I started to feel better and better. 3 laps came in 17:07, 6 laps came in 34:00, 8 laps came in 45:07, then turned around and did 6 laps clockwise to change things up, 10 laps came in 56:16, 11 laps in 61:52, 12 laps in 67:26, 13 laps in 72:56, 14 laps in 78:34, and then completed the 80 mins. Those splits are off my memory, I pretty much memorized all my splits, kept my splits from 5:33-5:36 for most of laps, last lap came in 5:28, feeling very Good, but was very thirsty, no problema as I was 5 mins away from home.

I felt really Good after the 3rd lap and started to feel better and better, was soaking wet at the end though, singlet and shorts wet, so the humidity was very high. I have found that tht terrain is very favorable to run since my knees did not suffer and I felt awesome, the only problem was that I needed water after the hour since I was feeling very thirsty.

Around 12.8-12.9k total. 5 runs this week as planned and feeling better and better. Around 49 kms for the week, which for 5 runs is not that bad. Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario