domingo, 25 de agosto de 2019

Good week of training

On Friday I took the day off as usual.

On Saturday my brother and I did a 6k tempo run at around 10:30 a.m. because in the evening the run could not be done, so it was at that time or never. The heat was not so bad though. I decided to leave the watch at home and run the 6k tempo off effort and my brother would take my time.

I paced this tempo by effort, so was not stressed by pace during the run, just when I felt Good I sped up, and when I felt tired I slowed down. The plan was to run a huge negative Split, since the first half was somewhat relaxed, but in the second half, although the breathing was fine, the legs would not run the legs quicker, so I did both halves at exactly the same time, 14:30 for both halves, finished in 29:00 according to my brother`s watch. My brother finished 28 seconds later. I passed him with about 1.5k to go or so. First km was 4:46, so it was slow. The time was slower tan I planned, I expected at least sub 28:30, but I felt very strong and that reflected on next day`s long run. Maybe my natural tempo effort is just that. Warmed up 15:40 including 5 x 50m strides to the Turia park. Cooled down the same back home. Total was around 10.5-10.8k

Sunday - We ran long in the evening at 6:00 p..m. My brother would do 1:45, but I only did 80 mins. Today the weather was pretty Good and because I did not push too hard in the tempo on Saturday, this run felt pretty Good and I felt fresh. The pace was quicker from the get go. I did 12k in around 73:30, then kept running till complete the 80 mins, so I would guess 13.05 kms or so. This run was done in the Turia park, and I felt Good the whole run. My brother did an excellent job doing his 1:45, He is training for a half marathon.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario