sábado, 3 de agosto de 2019

Evening 5k tempo@22:56 + 3 x 200s@ 41,43,39

Yesterday I took the day off. I left work late and had a headache and was very hungry, so I decided to rest to be ready for my tempo run today.

Today I walked a lot in the morning buying a cell pone with my brother since my cellphone`s battery died, so no option but to replace the phone altogether. We walked a lot in the sun, but that did not stop me from doing my workout in the evening. Just before going out though I felt a light headache, but once I did my warm up to the Turia park, I felt great.

 At 7 p.m. I warmed up 15:37 to the Turia park, including 5 x 50m strides as usual to loosen up. The plan for today was to run about the same pace I ran last Saturday, I knew that today it was going to be more difficult, since today I was more tired due to the hard workout on Wednesday, past Wednesday`s workout was somewhat light, so this week`s workout would take a lot more from my body. No excuses though, since I was going to run normally, forgetting about the outcome and focusing on feel.

I got out at a good pace and felt somewhat fresh, ran strong and felt good till about the 3rd km, from 3rd km to 4th km, pace slowed down, but felt good. In the last km though I regrouped and could get back to the pace I was running in the first half. Did a positive Split, but I am satisfied with the result, that indicates that I have not lost fitness from this month`s decrease in training load.

Finished feeling good, but a bit tired. Splits per km were: 4:32, 4:37 (9:09, 4:32 (13:41), 4:42 (18:23), 4:33  to finish in 22:56 (halves were 11:22, 11:34), which is the exact time I ran in my last 5k tempo. It seems that I run better in the summer where weather is 30-35 degrees, as opposed to when the weather is 10-15 Celsius, where you feel much better, but the overall pace is the same or slower. I am used to the heat though, since I come from the caribbean.

After the tempo run, jogged easy 400m, then did 2 x 200s in 41.97 and 43.50, when I saw that 43.50 I was surprised because it was very slow, so I decided to do a 3rd 200s that came in 39.56, much better  I said. Then I walked 200m and then started my cooldown to home. Which took me around 15:38. Around 10.5-10.8k total.

As I said felt pretty good and I am satisfied with my current shape, after Wednesday`s workout, its not a surprise that I could run well today.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario