jueves, 22 de agosto de 2019

Intervals and an easy run

On Tuesday I took the day off as usual these days.

On Wednesday I did intervals with my brother at 7:30 p.m. in the Turia park. I did what He was doing, He is following the method of Jack Daniels and He is in phase 2, so the priority is R pace, so We did 5 x 600m, 2 x 400m and 1 x 400m to complete 4k worth of fast running. My brother did only 200s after the 600m. I told him that I am already fast, I need endurance at a fast pace, so I opted for 400s instead of 200s.

To be honest this was a light workout for me as mentally it was not draining and phisically it was managable, the weather was Good also, so no that oppresive heat. It was pouring the whole workout though, but I just forgot about it, I was just focused on the task at hand. I ate a banana 1 hour before the workout, I pretty much never eat that close to running, and I just felt in the warm up and in the first couple of repeats.

I warmed up from home to the Turia park, met my brother on my way to the Turia park. Total warm up time was 15:40 including 5 x 50m strides. Then did 5 x 600@2:29, 2:30, 2:22, 2:20, 2:19, then did 2 x 400s @ 1:28, 1:28 and 1 x 200s@42.90. I felt tired in the first 2 repeats and I thought that it was going to be a bad workout, luckily, I felt much better and looser as the workout went by and felt pretty Good by end. Was very surprised with those 400s, felt much slower. My brother beated me in most 600s so He is in great shape. I felt pretty Good by the end and the weather helped inmensely.

For cool down I did the same as the warm up, but to home. Took me 16:50, it was very slow, just to cool the legs down.

I am satisfied with that workout. Around 10.5k or so for the day. Its incredibly how fast kms pass by this way, but in the long run where We run 12-13k it takes forever.


Today I ran after work at 7:30 p.m. I did 8 laps in the Blasco park at an easy pace. To my surprise, when I had 200 into the run I saw my brother and We ran together for a couple of laps, He was very tired from yesterday`s workout so the first couple of laps were very easy,12:27, then He left as had time runniing in the park when I got there. After He left I just ran at my normal pace, which is 5:40s per lap, as I was not that tired from yesterday`s sesión. first half of the run was 23:55, second lap was 22:40, so 75 seconds faster, finished the 8 laps in 46:35, with the last lap in 5:33, feeling much better than the first one (6:20). Weather was pretty Good today also. Felt a bit tired from the workout, not sore, but I feel it. 7.2k easy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario