domingo, 5 de agosto de 2012

Afternoon long run :12.2k

I was supposed to do this long yesterday and rest today, but yesterday I slept in and in teh afternoon was seeing my brother race, so I opted to switch the rest day to yesterday, so I had to do my long run today. This morning had some things to do so if I wanted to run that meant to woke up really early, posponed to the afternoon after all day taking classes till 4:30 p.m, around 5:10 p.m. I went out to the conservatory to do my prescribed 12k , carried a water bottle and hide it among the bushes in the conservatory, did 7 laps, in the 7th lap took water and pour it into my head, then did 2 laps outside the conservatory , then back home for a total of 12.2k in 67:49, was soaking in sweat and felt good, but mentally I wanted to finish within the first 15 mins, usually when I run longer than usually my knees start to bother me but it was not the case today, felt really good and the stride was smooth. Was very soaked at the end, then did helen drills tha coach Peyton , incuded power skipping, high knees, butt kicks, bounding, fast feet, oh I forgot the straigh feet, but I have incorporated a new thing into my training which is a good thing, happy to have gotten my first week of training under the Peyton's coaching. very motivated to see where my fitness goes after this. The last time that I did 12k or more was more than a month ago. Humidity was terrible!! Now on to the Pandora core and lunge matrix. Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario