viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2015

Morning tempo run

Yesterday I took the day off.

This morning I went out with my father at 6:50 a.m. to the conservatory and I inmediately started faster than normal, because I wanted to run faster today in form of intervals or tempo running, I chose the latter.

I dropped my father after the big hill around 500-600s in, then continued my pace solo. Got to the conservatory in 7:05, which is fast compared to most days, but slower than I thought. Anyway, I built from there and did 3 laps corner to corner at that fast pace.

The 3 laps came in 8:49,8:25,8:28, so basically 1 min faster than I normally run, which is a good tempo run, I estimate that to be 1.7k or a bit less for the laps, but I dont know for sure, effort is the most important thing, but I certainly would like to know my time in the 5k. After the 3rd lap I slowed down to a very easy jog to wait for my father, then ran 1:42 back to the conservatory entrance and 7:36 back home very easy to cool down. I did 42:22 for 7.5k or more, so I improved my time in that distance by more than 2 mins and the last 10 mins were a very easy jog, I must have pushed in those 33 mins.

Anyway, I think I ran 25-26 mins for the 5k, but I ll leave it at 26 mins, which is good for me at the moment, but I am slowly getting back into shape eventhough my training has not been optimal. Today was also a confidence booster, because I watned to stop in the middle of the 3rd lap, but then slowed down a bit and felt better, then pushed again, botton line is that I never quit, I kept hurting and pushing till the completion of the 3 laps.

I would like to do this in a flat terrain,because if I ran 26 mins or less with 6 hills, I must be in better shape than in my last 5k race, but who knows, I went out controlled today, and in races I go out like an idiot, believing that something magical can happen on race day.

Good day for running, and I ll run a bit longer on the weekend, it could be tomorrow or Sunday, but `probably tomorrow, Sunday off and 2 hard workouts next week.

Today is the 5k race of the company that my brother works for, this year is not in the shape He was last year, I predict that He will do 23:20-23:40, which is slower than the 21:10 He did last year. I ll be there watching and cheering.

Hope you have a great day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario