miércoles, 14 de septiembre de 2016

Progression run stress release

Yesterday I took the day  off and tomorrow will be off as well. The reason for this isthat I get advantage of the weekend and that I can still run my 5 days per week. I left work today at 7:10 p.m. these days have been stressful, but I wanted to run, so skipping the run did not cross my mind at all.

AT 7:45 p.m. I headed out o the conservatory and I was feeling pretty good, so given the fact that I am resting tomorrow I decided to push it a bit, and finished hard. Got there in 7:54, then did 5 laps in 5:44,5:26,5:12,5:05,4:42. Felt very good and controlled, but tired at the end of course, but I can notice that my final km is getting faster and faster each time, in the past month(s) running sub 5 min in the final lap was  a struggle, right now is a given, so to speak. HECK!, RUNNING sub 22 mins 5k, was a given years ago, but now it seems like a long shot, anyways, I think I am heading the right direction.

I am getting tired, but I can focus and keep the pace even when huffing and puffing, so that is a good mental training, I did 26:09 for 5 laps today, that was not the plan, but I went with it because I felt strong. Back home in 6:56.

Weather cooperated also!

7.5k total in 41:38, surprised by the fast time at that effort!

Have a great rest of humpday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario