viernes, 2 de septiembre de 2016

No excuses to not run and running my fastest km in more than 1.5 years

Did not run on Wednesday or THursday, work has been hectic, but Wednesday was planned, Yesterday I had planned to run after work, I left work at 8 p.m. but when I got home I just skip the run and decided to rest.

Today I left work again at 8 p.m, but this time I was dtermined to run no matter what, I was tired and hungry but ran anyway, because I knew as soon as I would be running , I would feel good.

I headed out to run at 9:00p.m.,The plan for today was to run easy , but those plans went to rest as soon as I turned up the turbo in the 3rd lap.

I felt mentally tired on lap 2 so decided to enjoy myself a bti, to either finish this thing faster mentally, and increase my fitness at the same time. So I planned to run the 3rd lap fast, 4th easy and the last one fast again, I did not how fast, maybe tempo effort or whatever, but the reality was that I ran much faster than tempo pace, but I FELT good so I went with it.

Got to the park in 7:49, feeling fresh and rested, of course I had been rested for 2 days off. Laps were 6:13,5:57,4:48m6:22,4:18. The 4:48, surprised, because I felt good , but that 4:18 felt awesome, I really ran hard on that lap, but I was alwasys under conrol, I was huffing and puffing hard, but in someway I was underconrol, my form was under control and I finish the fast periods feeling pretty good and running easy right away, the last time I ran that fast was in a 1 lap race with Jose and Gian, I caughed for more than 30 mins, but today it was more like a fast lap and back on my feet right away.

Felt pretty good, afte those 5 laps I went back home to finish 7.5k in 43:35, total time surprised as well, so I averaged in laps 3rd through 5th, 15:28, so my tempo pace, but that did not feel like that because I had a km easy sandwiched between hard efforts!

Have a great night !

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario