jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2018

Catching up : Easy run and Intervals

On Monday I ran with my brother at 6:50 p.m. the sky looked like there were 10 p.m. because it was already dark. Anyway, since it was just an easy run I did not have much problem with running in the dark.

We went to the Churchill, and came back in 16:35, I was surprised with how slow We were going, but it was just an easy run, so did not matter, then ran to the opposite side that I call "the mirador", turned around at 31 mins and I finished my run at 45:07. The run passed by quickly, I was talking with my brother about the NYC Marathon and time just passed by quickly. He did 60 mins.

At the beginning of the run the left shin was bothering, and I decided to rest on Tuesday since I have suffered from shin splints for several years and I could not put in a lot of weeks of workouts because of it, it hampered my improvement, even in my best running years.

On Wednesday I did my Interval session of the week. The plan was to do 1600m at Interval pace and 6 x 400m, with 800m recovery after the 1600m, and 200m recovery after the 400m. After the 1600m, I am always very tired and in the recovery my legs seem like jelly. Anyway, I need to justify the easy days being very easy, so I man up and do the best that I can.

I warmed up 15 mins previous the workout and included 4 acceleration strides. I wanted to improve on that 7:21 from last week, and I am sure the strides would help, because last week I started cold and the pace felt harder than it should, once I warmed up in the mile, the 800s felt way confortable and easier, so I decided to do strides for this one.

I only looked at the watch in the 200m in 53 secs, then decided not to look at the watch for the rest of the repeat and concéntrate on form, breathing . The 1600m came in 7:08, I was happy and surprised with that, 13 seconds faster than last week, at the same effort.

Recovered 800m, and in the recovery the legs felt like jelly, so I knew that the 400m repeats would be hard. Then did 6 x 400m, with 200m recovery in 1:38,1:44,1:43,1:37,1:41,1:36. On the second and third repeat, I was very tired and the legs were fried, luckily after the 3rd repeat my legs got smoother and felt better, so thats how I could salvage the " disaster" of the 2nd and 3rd repeat.

After the last repeat I walked 150m huffing and puffing, yes I had a Bethoven Synphony with my breathing, then Started the cool down to home, 16 mins total for cool down.

I am happy with the workout, especially the 1600m, but heck those intervals workouts hurt a lot. Those prepare you very well for races.

Another thing is that I did not wear the windbreaker today because the temps were in 19 Celsius, no need for Windbreaker.

This evening another easy run with my brother at 6:50 p.m., We well see how I feel!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario