viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2018

Intervals and Easy run

Tuesday was a planned day off.

On Wednesday I ate lunch later than planned and decided to move the intervals for Thursday because I was going to run at 6:50 p.m., which means that at that time is very dark, so I messaged my brother to meet up at 6:50 p.m. at our meeting point, I normally do my workouts at 4:50 p.m. these days because its getting dark very quickly.

Anyway, when I was about to head out I felt really good so I thought, Why move the workout if you feel good and recovered, another easy run would not be appropiate, so I got there 5 mins earlier, ran 5 mins before my brother get there and then ran to the starting point of my workout , after 10 mins warming up I included 4  x 50m strides or so to loosen up the legs. The only downside was the darkness, but I already was in the mood for the workout so I was ready.

The plan was to do 4 x 1000m with 3:50 or so rest better than the times I did around 1 month ago to see if I progressed. Sometimes, that its not a good indication because you dont feel the same everyday, and on Wednesday I did not feel my best, but I could pull it off, none the less.

First repeat was done in 4:28, I had problems with the watch, because I I wanted to turn the lights of the watch ( yea, it was that dark) to see the first 500m or so of the repeat, I lost my rythm, because I thought that I would have paused the watch, then turned on the lights correctly and could see the stopwatch running, so no big deal but maybe I lost a couple of seconds.

It was difficult to see where you were stepping , in the Turia park there are places were the terrain is irregular, so you have to be careful especially if you cant see the path. In the second repeat I was already tired, but I toughed out and finished the repeat in 4:24, I was huffing and puffing there, I told to myself that if I was going to finish the workout I would have to take the 3rd repeat more convervative and hammer the last one.

On the 3rd repeat, I went out conservative for the first 500-600m and then pushed it a bit and finished in 4:31, was not happy with it to be honest, but it is what is is. Recovered around 4 mins easy jogging and started the last one, on this one I went out controlled the first 500m and started to push in the second half, never finished in a sprint although finished fast. Last one came in 4:18.

After the 3rd repeat I felt better and when I finished the 4th repeat I jogged for 400m and did 1 x 400m @1:35 and 1 x 200m @ 43 seconds.

The 1000m were not bad and I think I improved on last time, but I wanted to take revange of the 3rd repeat, I added 1 x 400s and 1 x 200s to add speed and to add volumen at a hard pace.

Its incredible how shorter repeats felt way easier than longer repeats when you do them in the same workout.

I dont remember the last time I did 1:35 in 400m, maybe 7-8 years ago, every single workout I am surprising myself and everytime I am closer to where I was, but still miles away.

After the 200m I stopped for 2 mins or so to catch my breath and then did 15 mins cool down. I did around 10.5k total, not bad.

Yesterday had been raining the whole day and considered to take the day off, but at 6:30 p.m. it was not raining, so I took advantage of it , got dressed and headed to the Turia Park to do my 45 mins easy run.

I was not sore at all yesterday after Wednesday workout, I was surprised of how good I felt. Anyway, within mins of starting the run to the "Churchill" the rain started again, did the Churchill loop in 16:16 feeling easy and controlled, at that point the rain had stopped, but shortly after, the rain started again and this time stronger, but once I am running the sky can fall and I wont stop, did my run of 45 mins, felt pretty good, but on the walk to home I was soaking wet, luckily I wore the windbreaker.

Glad that I ran, but its not too funny when you have to run in the rain and then walk to home.

Today its raining again the whole day and as I type this the rain is way stronger than yesterday, so today I dont promise that I can run, I would like for sure, but sometimes you have to skip a day in order to not risk a fall or an injury, We Will see if I can find a window when its not raining and get my run in, but again, We Will see, either way, I do have my tempo run planned for tomorrow!

Have  a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario