jueves, 22 de noviembre de 2018

Intervals: 5 x 800m + 3 x 200m

Yesterday it was Interval day, the plan for yesterday`s was not very clear even on my way to the Turia Park, I could not decided between 800s repeats or 3k at 4:30-4:40 per km plus some more. I finally decided for the 800s.

I started my run at 4:55 p.m. warmed up 15 mins including 4 x 50m strides to loosen up the legs. I felt pretty good at the end of the warm up. Then the plan was to do 5 x 800s with 400m jog rest in between and some 200s (with 200s jog recovery) to practice fast finish in races.

The goal was to do them controlled and then hammber in the last one, I think that I am running faster than I should because technically speaking I am running them at around 3k effort, and I think those repeats are done between 3k - 5k race pace to reap the full benefits.

The 5 x 800s were in 3:34,3:36,3:34,3:33,3:20. I felt pretty good for the first 4, then in the last one was huffing and puffing a lot, pretty much gave everything I had in that one. My brother critizice me becusae there is a lot of difference between the slowest and the fastest one, but the plan was to really hammer in the last one to see if I could beat 3:20, which was the fastest I ran on my last 800s workouts around 3 weeks ago. Anyway, I rested 400m easy between the 800s and then did 3 x 200m in 44,44,44, very even and felt pretty good on those. Recovered for 200m between each one. After the 200s, I walked 100m to catch my breath and then started my cool down, which was 12:33 or I would say 1.8k or so.

I did 11k total for the day counting on the recovery, warm up, cool down. You cant believe how fast the time passed by when you run various efforts in the same workout. As opposed, to Sunday runs where you run easy for 80 mins, it kinds of boring and you have to have a lot of patience, but that is a part of training I guess. I cant even imagine running 2-3 hours at that pace, but hey this is an aerobic sport after all.
 Weather was in 17 degrees Celsius so no windbreaker.

All in all, happy with how my training is going and how good I feel. This evening Will be an easy run.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario