domingo, 18 de noviembre de 2018

Tempo run :6k + 2 x 200s

On Friday I did not run because as I said it was the whole day raining and certainly its not worth it to run with the wet terrain risking an injury or an illness. However, if the rain start when I am already running, I wont look back and I Will finish the run normally. I lived to run another day, the good side is that I was more rested for my Saturday Tempo run.

Yesterday at 4:50 p.m. I was in the Turia Park starting my warm up for my Tempo Run, did 15 mins easy and after 10 mins, did 4 strides of around 50m to loosen of the legs, since I did not run on Friday. This is the 1st time that I do strides for tempos, I only do them for Intervals, but I Will start doing for all workouts, since they really loosen your legs up.

The plan for the tempo was to run 6k at tempo pace only looking at the watch in the 1st km, and then running by effort, and after the tempo do some 200s to loosen up the legs, in yesterday`s case I did only 2 repeats.

The weather was good, but I did not wear my windbreaker because I knew that if I wear it I would fry myself once I warm up.

1st km was in 5:05, such as last week, then I just ran by effort, but to be honest the effort was not very easy, and I thought I was having a bad day, anyway, I toughed it out and finish the run without looking accepting the outcome, but I have to admit that in the last km I was huffing and puffing, but never really changed pace or sprinted at the finish. In the halfway I pressed the Split button without looking so that I could look post run.

To my surprise I stopped the watch at 6k in 30:11, bummer!! I was surprised with that time and that explain the disconfort that I was feeling, I thought that I was having a bad day but the reality was that I was going a tad faster than I should. 1st half I did it in 15:09 and negative Split by 7 seconds meaning that I did the second half in 15:02. It seems that once I started looking at the watch at 1st km I started to accelerate, no wonder! a couple of guys passed me before the 1k mark and I just wanted to maintain contact.

Anyway, after the 6k I jogged 400m and did 2 x 200s with 200s recovery, the times were 43 and 43 secs. Getting faster Little by Little, what felt 47 seconds several weeks ago, feels 43 seconds today. Heading the right direction I guess!!

After the 200s, walked 100m and then started my 12 mins easy jog cool down, for a total of 11k for the day.

I cant attribute the improvement to the strides, but it seems that they loosen up my legs, or maybe I am just getting better an better, I have to note that sometimes the legs felt incoordinated, on both occasions the legs hit each other, but I tried to relax and run with the best form as posible, the uncoordination seemed to not affect pace at all.

Satisfied with the workout, but I would have rather to run slower and feel better! It is what it is!

This evening I do have a 80 mins run easy with the weather cooperates, its raining right now! Yikes!!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario