domingo, 11 de noviembre de 2018

Tempo run 6k + 2 x 200s

Yesterday afternoon I met with my brother at 5:00 p.m. in the Turia Park, when He arrived I had 7 mins of easy running since I got there at 4:55 p.m. to get some more mins of warm up. For today I had planned a 6k tempo run and if I felt good when I finish I would include some 200s repeats to loose the legs a bit.

I warmed up 17 mins total and this time around I did not weat my windbreaker so I felt much fresher during the tempo. Last week I wore my windbreaker and although I could complete my tempo at a decent time, I did not feel good in the last 2 kms, I suspect the extra heat had something to do with it.

The plan for today was to only look at the watch at the 1st km and then never look at it again, after the 1st km just run by effort. That is what I did, 1st km came in 5:05, I was feeling pretty good and surprised, this is the first time I head out that fast in a tempo, anyway, I went by effort from that point onward. The next km was not that confortable, that is one of the most unconfortable kms always mentally, after the 2.5k I just get into a Groove and try to maintain that effort/pace to the finish.

At the halfway point I was feeling pretty good, and in the second half tried to take advantage of the downhills and the flat segment of the last 2 kms, that is what I did and I have to be honest, in the last km I was tired, but nothing close as last week, I felt very controlled and even tried to hold back in the last km to not turn that into a race, I did not speed up in the last 200-400m, I just kept running at the same pace/effort.

I was surprised to see the final time for the 6k being 30:33, feeling much confortable than the week before. After the tempo run I waked around 100m, then did 2 x 200s in 44.25 and 41.91 seconds. In the first repeat I had to Dodge/put the brakes on because it was a Little girl in the middle of the road running throughout, I easily lost 1 second there. In the second repeat I really put the hammer down in the last 100m without trying to lose form. I have to admit that that pace is very fast for me right now, what it used to be my mile race pace, its now my "sprint" pace, haha.

Anyway, the last time I did 41 seconds in 200m was in 2009-2011, I cant remember exactly, but I am heading the right direction and happy with the way that I am feeling lately. I want to get back to 21 mins 5k again, and I am heading that direction I guess.

I pressed the only Split avaibable that has my watch and the halfway I crossed in 15:23 and negative Split to a 15:10 in the second half. Of course, I never looked at the watch in the halfway and only checked the splits at the end.

After that walked around m to catch my breath, and then did 12 mins cool down or so.

I ll start running my tempos by feel, of course, checking the watch int he first km to see how I go, after that only by feel, that way you just get in tune with your body without mentally worrying about splits.

For this evening I have planned a longer run with my brother, I ll do 80 mins or so, He Will do 90 mins, I Will take that easy to recover from yesterday`s workout.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario