lunes, 19 de noviembre de 2018

Sunday 12.6k "Long run"

On Sunday I did my planned 80 mins at 4:50 p.m. in the Turia Park. This time I had to do that alone, because my brother is sick with Varicela so this next week is going to be solo running. I am used to be though! I used to run mostly alone there in Madrid and in the Dominican Republic.

Anyway, the weather was very good, around 15 Celsius, I did not wear my windbreaker, I knew that once I warm up I would feel very good. No rain yesterday luckily, but I found that it got dark very quick it was just 6 p.m. when is was getting dark, that is too early for me.

When I started I felt a bit tired but within some mins I felt pretty good and when I saw the first km Split faster than I normally do, and the effort was very easy, I knew that this long run was going to be faster than last week without even trying. Overall felt pretty good, but man you have to be patient to run at the same intensity for more than one hour, when you log 10-11k doing  workout, time pass by and you only realice that you run for so long when you start doing the math at home.

However, for these long runs you have to be very patient since time on your feel is the most important thing on these runs, of course if you are training for a maratón, you have to throw some quality in there once in a while, for I think 12k is nothing close to a maratón ha!

The splits per km were

6:50 (around 20 secs long km)
13:10 (6:20)
19:25 (6:15)
25:40 (6:15)
31:50 (6:10)
38:08 (6:18)
44:26 (6:18)
50:42 (6:16)
56:56 (6:14)
63:11 (6:15)
69:24 (6:13)
75:59 (6:35, same case as the first one, longer by 20 secs or so)

After that just kept running till competing the 80 mins which I think was around 12.6k or so. The pace was pretty even, I seemed like a robot there, negative Split by 17 seconds so not bad given that I was running at an easy effort. The weather was great so I attribute the faster pace at the same effort to that. Did not feel to tired from Saturday`s tempo, maybe I am getting in great shape!

5 runs for the week, missed one run due to the rain on Friday, sounds like an excuse, but definately I think I made the right decisión there, it was not a common rain, anyway! Solid week of training nonetheless!

Today Will be an easy recovery run if the weather permits since its raining again!

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario