lunes, 5 de noviembre de 2018

Finishing up a solid week of training

On Friday I ran at 4:55 p.m., I had planned another easy run before my tempo run on Saturday. I just ran easy till the watch said 25:15, when I got back it read 49:51, then completed the 50 mins. The pace was 6:38-6:20 per km very relaxed. Weather was good. Wore my windbreaker, although you dont need it at all during the run.

On Saturday, I went out to the Turia Park at 4:50 p.m. and started my warm up for my 6k tempo run, warmed up 15 mins easy and was feeling good, although that morning I woke up with the legs a bit burned still from the Interval workout on Wednesday, it seems that that workout took a lot out of me. Anyway, when I was finishing my warm up, but brother passed me, I thought that He was not running on Saturday, but then let it go, because I would take 30 seconds walking/jogging before starting the tempo. The tempo started and I was feeling good, but I could feel the legs a bit tired, passed my brother in the 650m or so and He kept with me, He passed me in my 1st km and then kind of served as a pace maker, when We hit the 2.5k He turned around, because He did not remember that I was doing a 6k tempo, He thought that was 5k. Anyway, I was so focused at the task at hand that I did not say anything and continued going till the 3k, on the halfway point I was feeling good, but then started to feel more tired and I knew that it was not my day. In the 3.5k my brother was waiting for me to pace me to the finish of the Tempo. I was going at a good pace and feeling decent till the 4k, after that the Split slowed down despite keeping or pushing the effort. In the last km I was undisciplined and it was a race against the 30:46 that I did the previous week, I finished in 30:36, but felt much tired and pushed a lot in the last km to beat the time, not the goal in a tempo run, so I feel a bit guilty about that, but on the flip side that serve me well for races to finish fast. I could pass my brother with 200m to go , because I did the last 200m in 47 secs.

The splits were 5:09, 10:20 (5:11), 2.5k in 12:53, 3k in 15:30 (5:10), 20:35 (5:05), 25:46 (5:11) at that point I knew that I was not having a bad day since that Split is always as fast or faster than the previous Split, 30:36 (4:50), I really pushed in the last 400m and I think I decreased the average pace in the last 200m that were in 47 secs. When I finished I was huffing and puffing, not how I normally finished my tempos, that is what happen when you race the watch. Next time I Will glance at the watch in the early stages to see if I am on pace, but after that Will run by effort. Another reason that I felt so tired in the second half was probably the windbreaker, the weather was in 20 celcius and with that thing on, you probably have your body temperatura in 30+ degrees, anyway, I could complete the workout at a decent pace, happy for that. I had planned to do some 200m repeats after the workout, but I was tired enough and called it a day. 11 mins cool down to finish the day in 6 miles or so.

On Sunday, around 9 p.m. I was with my brother and another friend in the 2k mark of the Turia, We were to start the run there, I decided to run in the morning yesterday because yesterday was the NYC Marathon and I wanted to watch it, the maratón would finish at 6 p.m. and at that time its already dark this day, and I had planned to do 12k, so I decided to do it with the Boys.

Since I had the workout 15 hours ago, I planned for mínimum 1 hour and then see how I felt, luckily I felt great and completed 80 mins, but as We were going slow, I would say I did around 12.1k, so goal accomplished. We started at 7:31 the first km, slower than I would have liked, but then started to increase the pace to 7:10 the second km, and the third km in 6:58, I was feeling great at point, and the pace kept increasing, by the 7-8k We were running 6:10-6:20 per km, which is around my easy pace, so that pace felt right. Anyway, I was running by effort, but when I see 6:11 and the guys were a couple of seconds ahead I decided to hold back a bit, I did not want to turn this into a progression run having done my workout yesterday evening.

Felt very strong and the weather was at 8 degrees or so when We started so the windbreaker today was mandatory, my brother ran with short sleeves so kudos to him. By the end, the knees were hurting  a bit, because of the duration, I dont remember the last time I ran for so "long".

However, when I was watching the NYC maratón which by the way was a great competitive race in the last few miles. I was feeling satisfied because I had accomplished my run for the day. Maybe I should start running in the morning again, at least on Weekends.

6 runs for the week and 2 workouts and a longer run, solid week of training!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario