viernes, 2 de noviembre de 2018

Catching up

On Tuesday I supposed to do an Interval workout, but I did not feel very good, my Little finger hurted a lot, so I decided to move my rest day form Wednesday to Tuesday, so that meant that my Interval workout I would have to do it on Wednesday. Thats how things played out.

It was a good decisión, because on Wednesday the finger was just fine and I felt pretty good and motivated, the cold is coming, so this time around I had to wear the windbreaker for the whole workout, it was around 13 degrees Celsius, but with a lot of cold headwind.

The plan for today was to run 1 x 1600m and 3 x 800m, if the first 1600m felt good, I would do 2 x 1600m and 1 x 800m, but I sticked to the former.

I warmed up 15 mins of easy running and started the workout, the 1600m were in 7:21, right where I wanted to be, but I felt that I was struggling after the km, also I think that I should have warmed up with some strides, because I was huffing and puffing and also it has something to do with the cold. After the 1600m, I jogged for 800m and started my 3 x 800m with 400m jog rest in between.

The 800s repeats were the opposite of the 1600m, I felt like jogging and when I saw the first 200m in 52 secs, I realized that I was warmed up, I had to hold back a bit on that one, so that I could complete the workout, 1st 800m in 3:28, not bad.

2nd 800s felt pretty much easy, but the last 200-300m the breathing was high at that point, that came in 3:33. In the last one, I was willing to push in the last 200-300s, and that is what I did, despite I was huffing and puffing I increased my effort on top of that to simulate the later stages of a race,of course I never lose my form and I could finish the last repeat in 3:20. With that Split I think I can improve the 4:07 in 1km  test that We did around 1 month ago.

After the last 800s I did 1 x 200m fast but without losing the form, came out in 42.47 secs. The last time I ran that fast in 200m was 9 years ago maybe.

I am sure the weather helped a ton, except for the first repeat that I was struggling to maintain a pace that was way slower tan the 800s, another thing is that when are you doing a mix of distances in a workout, once you go from the long repeats to the short repeats, the short repeats felt way easier and way shorter, that was another reason, at least mentally, but in the 800s the stride were smoother and I could run more relaxed. However, I lack endurance and 1600m is not the same as 800m, you dont manage the energy the same way.

I did 20 mins cool down, these days I am not cooling down that much, but I cooled down from the Turia park to my brother`s job and it took me 20 mins, so I was very pumped up with my workout, nothing close to my previous self from 10 years ago, but absolutely hiting the right direction.

Yesterday it was a public holiday here and I ran at 4:55 p.m with my brother, He had run for 15 mins already so He ran with me the planned 45 mins that I had for yesterday. I was tired from Wednesay`s worokout so the pace was slow and the effort very easy, I was running around 6:40-6:30 mins per km, jsut getting in the miles.

Stopped the watch in 45:02. Weather was around 19 Celsius, but I wore my windbreaker, since when its getting dard temps tend to decrease a lot.

Today Will be another easy run, see you in a few hours!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario