martes, 7 de enero de 2020

Back to the blogging

It seems that I am bloggin now once every two weeks. I have been lazy with the blogging, but the training has been Good, not hitting the times that I want, but definately putting in the work.

Monday December 23rd - Planned rest day.

Tuesday Dec. 24rd - I was off from work, but went there for 3 hours to get some things done, I ran in the afternoon around 5 p.m., did 8 laps in the Blasco park easy. The time was 46:11.

Wednesday  Dec. 25th - I did intervals at 12:xx p.m., I waited for that late because the day before we went to the all you can eat asian buffet and I ate a lot. I warmed up 15 mins to the Turia park and included 5 x 50m strides to loosen up, in the warm up I realized that it was not going to be a Good workout,k I did not feel full at all, but the legs were not all that Sharp. I was not happy with this workout, it was slow and the effort was very high, I thought that it was because of the food, but it seems that it was not the case. I did 4 x 1000m with around 500m jog rest. Splits were: 4:20,4:17,4:14,4:16. I was very frustrated with that, but the effor was there. Cooled down 15 mins easy to home.

Thursday Dec. 26th - In the evening after work, did 8 laps in the Blasco park at an easy pace, did 46:45 for 7.2k (8 laps). Felt tired, but Good.

Friday  Dec. 27th - I generally rest on Fridays for last several months since I started working, but I decided for the upcoming weeks to run 6 days per week if possible, that was the Schedule that I ran 46:xx again for the 10k, and I thought that I could get away with the 5 runs per week thing, but it seems that not ha. I ran a short 5.4k (6 laps) in the Blasco park in 35:06. A very easy short run.

Saturday Dec. 28th - At 10-11 a.m.  I went to the Turia park to do my weekly tempo, I have been running mediocre in the last few workouts, so I went mentally prepared to face a bad workout. Warmed up to the Turia park 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides to loosen up, then started my 5k tempo run. Finished in 23:29, with a 8 seconds negative Split, it was a Good workout in my opinión, because I felt better in the second half and could muster a negative Split. Splits per km were 4:41, 9:27 (4:46), 14:16?, 18:50 for the 4k and mustered the last one in 4:39 to finish in 23:29. Still the effort was higher than I would have liked, but at least the stride was fluid in the second half. Did 2 x 200s after the 5k tempo in 43 and 43 seconds. Did 15 mins to cool down home. Around 10-10.5k total for the day.

Sunday  Dec 29th - I went out from my home and went to the turia park and reached 42 mins in the Turia park. I wanted to do a progression long run running some kms at maratón effort (half maratón pace given my lack of endurance), so after 42-44 mins I did 3.4k at maratón effort (5:17,5:17,5:10 and then did 400m more and total time for the 3.4k was 17:54 felt Good and strong, then did the last 2 + kms easy to home. Did 80 mins total and ran around 13.5k or something like that. Felt Good  and strong.

6 runs for the week and solid week of training.

Monday Dec 30th  - Planned rest day.

Tuesday Dec 31th - Ran in the evening at 5:45 p.m. or so with the sun already setting, Did 8 laps in the Blasco park  and finished in 45:27. Felt Good, a bit tired from the weekend.

Wednesday January 1st, 2020 - Ran at 12:xx p.m. and again did intervals. I though that it was going to be a Good workout, but again not what I hoped, granted, it was better than last week`s workout, but the way I felt was not what I hoped for. 15 mins warmed up including 5 x 50m strides , then did 5 x 800m with 400m jog rest, splits were: 3:23,3:21,3:19,3:18,3:20. It was very even, but the effort again was higher than I would have wanted. I could play with those splits months ago and could throw a 6th one in 3:00 and felt strong. These days, each repeat is huffing and puffing, but at least I am getting the training in. 15 mins cool down to home, around 6 miles to 10k total.

Thursday January 2nd - Did 8 laps  (7.2k) after work in the Blasco park, total time was 46:22.

Friday Jan 3rd - Again I decided to run on Friday and did a short run in the Blasco park, 6 lapsv(5.4k) easy in 34:33, felt pretty Good at the end.

Saturday Jan 4th - I woke up very lazy and decided to do my tempo in the evening, I thought that I finally would feel fresh in my tempo, since past tempos I would do them in the morning after having run the evening before 15-17 hours before.  This time I thought that I would feel great. I ate pasta for lunch and was ready to go. Warmed up 15 mins to the Turia park and included 5 x 50m strides as always. Then I started my tempo when the sun was setting around 5:50 p.m., I crossed the first km in 4:33, a bit too fast for my liking, but I knew that I would slow down, so I decided to not look at the watch until the end. I pressed the Split button in the halfway and in the second half I felt the legs very heavy and I knew right there that I slowed down dramatically, my hips and the muscle below were tight and I could not run with a full range of motion, I battled it out and stopped the watch in 23:40 for the 5k, again frustrated. i thought that today I could run low 23 mins and feel solid. I felt like garbage. Jogged 400m and then did 2 x 200s in 46,43. That 46 really frustrated me, but I just did not forcé the last one to make up. I just accepted the outcome and the effort was there. Cooled down 15:40 easy to home. Around 10-10.5k total for the day.

Sunday Jan 5th  - I went out at 11:00 a.m. to the Turia park to do my long run (15-16 hours after my last workout), I was running as last week around 6:00 per km pace once I checked splits in the Turia park and was feeling pretty Good and easy. Again after the 42 mins, I decided that I was going to run some kms at maratón effort , this time I tried 4.4k , so 1 km more than last week. I did just that and it was controllable, but I felt yesterday`s workout, I did not pay attentio though, since I rest on Mondays, I want to try something new, since I know that these progressions give me a lot of confidence, I would prefer to do them with 1 day of easy running to recover well, but I have not had any problems so far with doing them the day after my tempo. That teach you to run on tired legs I think and that can certainly affect next workouts, but anyway races is what are importants, not workouts. Anyway, did 4.4k at maratón effort ( splits were 5:18,5:13,5:14,5:16 and then 400m at the same effort to finish up the 4.4k in 23:08 or something like that). I felt Good, but could felt my quads burning and now as I am typing this (Tuesday afternoon) I am still sore in the quads. I did 2 +k easy to home easy to complete the 80 mins,, I did around 13.8k, I ran more distance than last week, in the way out and and started my progression earlier in the wayback, did around 4 mins negative Split. Very happy with this sesión and tired from the back to back "hard" sessions, as I said that teach you to run on tired legs.

6 runs for the week, solid week of training, but again dissapointed with the splits of the intervals and the tempo. Getting the trainin in though.

Yesterday I took the day off to recover  and today I Will run in the evening an easy run, as I said, still tired from the weekend.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario