viernes, 10 de enero de 2020

Easy short run

Today I ran at 6:30 p.m. and the plan was to run only 5.4k (6 laps in the Blasco park), again I am adding a 6th week of running this week, plan to do a big workout tomorrow so the plan for today was short and easy just to get the legs moving. It was hard to go out today because the wind was in full force, but again, I did not wear my windbreaker  and only wear shorts and t shirt while everyone was covered up head to toe.

First lap was 5:52 and then did not look at the watch until the end, but finished the 6 laps in 34:05. I thought that I was running slower, but felt ok once I warmed up. The plant of the food did not bother me today, I was a bit worried since during part of Wednesday`s workout was bothering and in a couple of laps yesterday, but today I did not have any problems whatsoever.

Felt Good and kept the effort easy.

For tomorrow I Will mix my long run and tempo run, so I want to do 16-18k ( my longest run in 10-15 years!) and I am going to incorpórate some tempo kms there, not my normal 5-6k, but I Will run 10k slower than normal (5:10-5:15 per km, which is my half maratón pace), I ll try to go faster of course, but I wont force it. Before the 10k, I want to run 30 mins to warm up and get the miles in, and after the 10k, I want to run around 3more kms to cool down. So 17-18k. Its time to ramp up the mileage to levels that I had never been before, that is the only way to figure out ones potentional. A lot of people can get away with 3 runs per week and low mileage, but it seems that the longer I run the more confident I get, of course intervals and tempo runs give a lot of confidence as well, but long runs has a special place as well. We Will see how it goes.

Have a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario