domingo, 19 de enero de 2020

Progressive tempo run and easy runs

Thursday -  I ran with my brother after 4 months or so without running with him (just before my half maratón in October). I told him that I would help him with his tempo run. He wanted to run 25:15 for 5k and I would do that with him and on Saturday I would run my normal tempo run. We warmed up 16 mins including 5 strides, the weather was around 10 Celsius, but I wore short sleeves, because I was not very cold. In the end I ran 24:10 for 5k, running a huge negative Split. My brother did 25:44 with a huge negative Split as well. We ran together for the first 2k or so, but I was always ahead of him and he was falling off pace, so after the 2k, I decided to pick it up a bit since I was feeling pretty Good and we were on pace to run over 26 mins for the 5k, definitely not the plan. After the 2k , that 500m Split till the half way was at my normal tempo pace and it felt like the pace that I was running before. After the halfway in 12:47, I picked up with the hope of running sub 25 mins, but in the end I accelerated a lot and finished in 24:10, was surprised by that. I wore my timex and the splits were 5:14,5:09 (10:24), 12:47(2:23) in the halfway, 500m in 2:23 again to cross the 3k in 15:10, 4:38 (19:49) and the last km in 4:21 to finish in 24:10. I almost run sub 24 mins feeling very strong. I think the weather helped a lot and I felt Good. I cooled down for another 16 mins to home to finish up a 10k or so day. I felt pretty Good in today`s progressive tempo run.

After that I still contemplated with the idea of running my normal tempo on Saturday morning, but then thought better and I realized that what I did on Thursday was a Good workout and I had done my Interval work on Tuesday, so I think that would have been too much, i could handle it, but I dont want to risk any injury right now. instead decided to add some maratón effort kms to my 90 mins long run and I would be Good to go.

Friday - I did 6 laps in the Blasco park without a watch, just kept the effort easy. Felt Good at the end.

Saturday -  At 11 p.m. I headed out to the Turia park and just did 60 mins easy, tracked 4 kms there to see at what pace I was running, but without altering my effort. It was 6:10,6:10,6:04,6:00. Felt really Good and the cold really makes you feel that you did not run at all. I did around 9.7-9.8k maybe for that hour. Felt really Good.

Today I have planned a long run with 7k at maratón effort, but since early is raining and I want to run in the evening, but I dont know to go raining in the afternoon, or to run tomorrow which is my rest day. However, the rain Will continue until Wednesday, so maybe I Will run today anyway. We Will see.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario