jueves, 30 de enero de 2020

Fartlek and an easy run

Wednesday - I got back to work and ran after work at 07: xx p.m. I had a headache, was hungry and did not want to run to be honest, but I know that I feel better after the run and this was not an exception, especially if you are going to run hard.

As I said previously, I had planned to run a light fartlek to keep recovering from the race, but at the same time give my body stimulus to keep improving. The plan was to run 4 fast laps in the Blasco park and then ran 1:40 or something like that to complete the 4k worth of hard running. The plan was to do 2 laps easy, then 1 lap hard, 1 lap easy, hard, easy, hard, easy, hard, easy, and the last lap was 1:40 hard and the rest easy. I did 11 laps total and a bit more to complete 10k total for the day.

I started the first lap very slow and it felt way faster than it really was,then I started my first hard lap and I was huffing and puffing and it did not feel that easy, even the Split was not suprising, I think it was slow, luckily laps got faster than I felt better with each passing lap. Splits per lap were: 5:59,5:50, 3:57,5:41, 3:51,5:34, 3:52, 5:26, 3:47,5:27, 1:40 fast, then 2:48 (4:28 that lap) to complete the 11th lap in 53:57, then ran at a Good clip but easy around 35 more seconds to complete the 10k. Total time for the 10k was 54:34 or something like that. I always feel like crap when starting, but once I warm up I feel pretty Good, in that fashion 11 laps go by quickly, as opposed when you run easy for 8 laps, it takes forever. Very happy with that workout, especially because it did not take out a lot of me and because I was tired from work.

Thursday - Today I ran after work at 7:20 p.m. and again and did not feel like running, but always do it anyway, I know once I start I Will feel better. Today the plan was simple, to run 8 laps at an easy pace. First lap in 5:50, pressed the lap button without looking in the halfway 23:09, and then finished the 8 laps in 45:41, the second half was 22:31. Felt better in the second half, because the first 2 laps felt sluggish and tired. The effort was easy. 7.2k in 45:41 for the day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario