martes, 21 de enero de 2020

Back to the running at last

Today I finally could get back to my running. As I said in y previous post Sunday and Monday was very dificult to run. The whole day raining and with winds with 50-100 ms per hour, so no point in going out in those conditions. Although, I did not want to lose that 90 mins long run, but what can you do.

I thought that today I would lose my day of running as well, because the whole day has been pouring light rain and very cloudy, but at 5:30 p.m. it was not raining, so I took advantage of that. I knew that the Blasco park would be very wet, so it would be very difficult to run there, so I opted for the alternative route that I did last year when it was raining hard. My Universidad de Valencia route, I do have a lap of 7:xx mins and I did that several times today.

The weather was very cool and I have lost 2 days of training so my plan today was to run 60 mins, no point in running my normal 7.2k, I was running longer laps so it would not be so boring to run laps.  I started running from home and headed directly to the Universidad de Valencia to do the planned laps. I had 6:21 when I got there and then did laps and took the splits ( I wore my timex), laps were 7:28,7:20,7:16,7:12,7:12,7:12,7:06,6:44, had 56:40 when I finished the laps then headed home until completing the hour. Once I had 60 mins stopped and went to my home walking. In the last lap I incorporated 5 strides, dont know the exact distance, but it was to loosen up my legs, also did drills sometimes, my legs were very stiff and tight, not even the strides and drills could do anything about it. Cardiovasculary felt really Good and the effort was pretty easy. Very happy to have run today, I was driving myself crazy. I hope that tomorrow the weather also cooperates.

Now, I registered for a race on Sunday, its the first race of the circuit races of Valencia. I raced some of them last year (4 of them I think). This year I want to run the same races and see how I do. I have never run the race that I Will run on Sunday. Its 6315m race, that Will give me an idea of what shape I am in, since right I dont know what shape I am in. I Will do my best though and I am happy to get back to the Racing scene.

Hope you had a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario