miércoles, 15 de enero de 2020

Catching up

As I said on  Friday, on Saturday I was going to do a long and hard workout and I would run longer than I have run in the last  8-10 years in training.

Saturday -  Around 5k (estimated) in the Turia park, total time was 32:56. Then I had planned to do 10k at half maratón effort, so around 51-52 mins for the 10k. I wore my timex so I would record every Split. The 10k were hard, but the pace was very managable, I struggled a bit in the pacing from 3-5k, at that point I thought that I would blow up and run a positive Split, but I did a negative Split and could finish very strong. 10k were in 50:44.

Splits per km were:

5:05, 5:03,5:05, 5:07, 5:09 (5k in 25:30), 5:03, 5:04, 5:03, 5:03, 4:59. Second half in 25:14 to finish in 50:44. Very satisfied with this, but I would rather to run 40-45 instead of 50 mins at that effort level.

After the 10k, I stopped for a min or 2 to catch my breath and then started my 3k or so cool down to home in 18:00. I dont know the exact distance of the run but it was around 18k or so in 100-105 mins.  I am not sure that I have the patience to run 18k at an easy effort. When you run at different paces in a run, the run pass way quicker. I think that I Will do an easy long run this weekend though, but around 90 mins, I have to let those 80 mins behind. Overall a Good workout. This run was done at around 10 A.M.

Sunday - In the morning I witnessed how Ronex Kipruto broke the 10k world record (26:24) in the 10k Ibercaja here in Valencia. It was a Good race to watch and a lot of fast people. Heck, the 1000th place did 37:45 and 500th place ran 35:xx. The level here is incredibly , the 100th place did 30:44, that is insane.

I was very sore from the day`s before workout. In the evening, at 5:10 p.m. or something like that I headed out to the Blasco park and did 8 laps very easy to recover from Saturday. Did 8 laps (7.2k) in 45:14. Felt very Good at the end , but was sore.

Monday - I took the day off and was even more sore than Sunday. DOMS doing their job. On Monday I got back to work.

Tuesday -  In the morning doing my walk to work I felt some soreness, but when I left work I felt pretty Good and not that sore anymore. I normally do my intervals on Wednesdays, but since I did my long run and hard run on Saturday and Sunday was very easy, Monday rest, today I felt like doing a workout. I did not decide it until I was running in the Blasco park. I am helping my brother doing his tempo run, so doing my Interval on Tuesday I would have 2 days to recover.  Anyway, I warmed up 3 laps in the Blasco park and in the last lap I incorporated 5 x 50m strides to loosen up. 3 laps were in 17:01 or something like that. Then started my planned workout which was at least 10 x 1 mins fast with 1 mins, with the possibility that if I felt Good I would go for 12 repeats. In the end I did 13 x 1 mins fast and 1 mins slow, so I did 25 mins worth of fartlek. I did a bit more than 5k, since I was running a bit under 5 mins per km ( 4:20s  including th recovery for he 900m that has a lap). I think I did 24:30 -24:40 for the 5k. I felt really Good, but my form was suffering a bit t the end and the recovery was done slower and slower. After I caught my breath I did 3 more laps in 17:11 to cool down. I think I did 6 miles or so for the day. I felt really Good and this workout is way easier than regular intervals in my opinión, eventhough this is faster. This workout was done at 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday - At 7:30 p.m. after work I did 8 laps very easy in the Blasco park in 45:25. In the first couple of laps had a strong side stitch, but dissapeared after the first 2 laps. First lap was 5:53, then worked my way down to the 5:30s per lap. Felt pretty Good at the end and legs did not feel too tired after yesterday`s fartlek.

Tomorrow I Will help my brother with his 5k tempo run. Lets how I feel.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario