martes, 28 de enero de 2020

Zapping the zero

Monday - I took the day off as often. After the race on Sunday I felt really Good with no soreness, but on Monday the story was different, I was very sore.

Tuesday - I still very sore and if I felt Good I would run a fartlek, because the training has to continue. However, I am still very sore from the race, so I took it easy in the Blasco park at 5:30 p.m.. Initially, the plan was to run 8 laps (7.2k), but when I was abut to finish, I decided to do an extra laps, so 9 laps (8.1k) total. I felt really Good at the end, but at the beginning felt sluggish and sooore! The effort was very easy though. I wore long pants today, I bought them yesterday and wore my windbreaker, but when I had 2 laps I felt very hot, but then when my body regulated its temperatura I felt just fine. However, in this kind of weather you can do just fine with shorts.

8.1k total in 51:28. I wore my timex and took splits on each lap just for fun, but without altering the easy effort. 5:51, 5:44, 5:43, 5:42 (23:01 the halfway), 5:42, 5:40, 5:41, 5:41 (45:46 the 8 laps), 5:41. Very even pace. I hope to feel less sore tomorrow to do a light workout ( fartlek type of thing).

Today is my last day  of vacation, so I am back to work tomorrow, no more 5 p.m. runs, back to the 7:30 p.m. or so on weekdays.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario