miércoles, 22 de enero de 2020

Tempo run 5k + 2 x 200m

Today I ran at 11 a.m., and it was a Good decisión, because after 2 p.m. the rain started. Today is a public holiday here in Valencia so my brother did not have to work ( I am on vacations), I convinced to run with him. Initially I had planned to run 4 x 1000m or some kind of intervals, but then He told me he was doing a tempo run in the warm up, so I decided to change my workout to my normal 5k tempos and I would add  couple of 200s afterwards for the turnover. Is ok to lose my Interval sesión this week, since Sunday`s race is 6k in length so I Will be running near my 5k race pace, so that would work as my Interval sesión.

I warmed up 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides to loosen, but to be honest I did not feel very rested, it seems that the 60 mins run that I did yesterday evening stressed my body a bit, but its ok to run on tired legs as long as you are well rested for the race.

Anyway, We started the tempo together, but inmediately I took the lead and pretty much ran solo for the whole tempo run. I did almost the time of last week`s but the execition was completely different, last week I did a huge negative Split, but today I ran a positive Split as I am doing lately, I am not having it lately when I go out to run less tan 23:30. Anyway, the effort was there and I almost gave up in the 3k, but stayed tough and grinded until the end. The splits were very even expect the 4th km, on the last one I could "recover" and run sub 24 mins for the 5k. Weather was not that cold, I sweated like a pig and wanted to take off my windbreaker in the warm up. Finished the 5k in 23:54 and the 2 x 200m were in 44 and 44 seconds.

Splits per km were 4:44, 4:46 (9:30), 2:23 (11:53 in the halfway) I was already working in the halfway, 2:22 from 2.5-3k, 14:16 for the 3k or something like that, 4:53 for the 4th km (19:10) and I was working really hard to maintain pace, if I did not hurry up I would run over 24 mins and I did not want that, so I tried to relax and run as fast as posible without giving 100 percent effort, meaning that I should stay under control, in the last 400m I sped up a bit and in the last 100m even more, but without sprinting. I finished huffing and puffing in 23:54, then jogged a bit before starting my 2 x 200m with 200m jog recovery, I did 44 and 44. I felt really Good in these 200s, as opposed as I felt in the actual tempo.

My brother bailed the tempo in the 3rd km, He did 15:46 for 3k and then did 200s repeats until completing the 5k. He is in very bad shape, He lost a lot of fitness in the last 3 months, and have increased his weight a lot, He is training though and I know he Will be back eventually.

Then did 15 mins easy to cool down and completed what I would say was a 10k total day. Tomorrow I want to run 80 mins or so, We Will see, I want to increase my overall volumen and Sunday`s race is not an important race for me, I want to run the 15k race decently and I lost my long run on Sunday, so probably yes, I Will do 80 mins tomorrow easy, no faster kms at maratón effort, since I want to also be recovered for Sunday`s race to at least perform decently( although I am not in the shape that I want given my current workouts).

Have a great Wednesday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario