jueves, 9 de enero de 2020

Blogging more often

To be honest bloggins every couple of weeks is a pain, since you last more than 30 mins typing trying to catch up and you forget some detais, so I should blog more often.

Monday - was a planned rest day after the big weekend. Was sore.

Tuesday - This week I am off from work. However I ran at 6 p.m. and at that is already dark. I did 8 laps and from laps 6-8 laps I incorporated 6 strides. In the first strides felt the soreness, but as the strides progressed I felt better and better. Ran the 7.2k (8 laps) in 44:12. Felt Good and the strides felt Good as well.

Wednesday -  I did my Interval workout at 5 p.m., I did not want to do my intervals in the darkness. I warmed up 15:30 to the Turia park and incorporated 5 short strides as always. The plan was to run 1600m for the first repeat and I was not sure about the rest, but finally I did 1 x 1600m, 2 x 1000m and 1 x 400m with half distance recovery, 800m after the 1600 and around 500m after the 1000m

I felt better than in previous workout and my confidence is increasing, but a lot of work to do because I am doing 4k worth of fast running very tired and in the past I did 4.8-5k feeling Good. Anyway, heading the right direction. Splits were not as frustrating as 2 weeks ago.

Splits were: 6:58, 4:12,4:06, 92. I changed the battery to my old Timex (bought in 2011), so I ran with it today and just pressed the Split button at the end of each repeat.

After the workout did 15:45 of easy running to get back to home for the cool down. Around 10k total for the day. Felt Good, but huffing and puffing for most of the workout, except in the last 400m where I felt like normal (like in past workouts 2-3 months ago) again.

Today (Thursday) -  I ate kebab, fries, potatoe chips. Not the healthiest lunch, but I only had an easy run today so I was not too worried.Surprisingly when I went out at 6:xx something p.m. I was still somewhat full and I thought that the run would be a struggle. I did not wear my windbreaker today, when I saw the first lap in 5:43 running easy and feeling Good I knew that it was going to be a Good run, felt better and better and did not look at the watch until the end. Finished the 8 laps (7.2k) in 44:26, pressed the first half Split button just for fun and did 22:26,22:00 for the two halves. Weather was very Good and I felt awesome. It seems that the junk food at lunch did not affect my run at all

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario